Funny question: What is a Catholic?

  • Thread starter Thread starter stayathomemommy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he would need to “do (something) special.” He would need to be brought into full communion with the Catholic Church.

To become a Catholic he would need to go through RCIA (with catechesis modified for children, sometimes improperly called RCIC), make a profession of faith, and receive the remaining Sacraments of Initiation. This would be done under the guidance of the parish priest/RCIA director. If the child were younger, then the parents could make the decision and bring him into full communion with the Catholic Church by an act of theirs if one or both of them were becoming Catholic (in this case his mother is already a Catholic).
I’m getting entirely different answers from his school’s Director of Religious Education
 
God’s Lutheran, everyone knows that.🙂 I kid, I kid. The truth, much to the horror, of the devouts of either side will have to be something his conscience leads him to. Honestly, I’m not sweating it because I see so many on both sides who don’t even seem all that well educated and versed on the 90% that is shared.
Youre correct on both counts-
God DOES have a sense of humor, &
Way too many Christians of all persuasions are woefully ignorant of their faith. To sound uncharitable, I think many are too darn lazy to get off their butts and read or study their faith. Laziness & the distractions we surround ourselves with can rob us of a full experience of faith that is just waiting for OUR response to God’s call.

Back to your first point, I suspect God is alot more non-denominational that many of us want to admit. Our Lady has made clear in the past that religious divisions are man-made barriers.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top