T
TerryPaul
Guest
Hello,
What do people think about Garabandal?
it looks real to me!
God bless,
TJ
What do people think about Garabandal?
it looks real to me!
God bless,
TJ
That’s not what you said first. You said it ‘seems real’. A purported apparition of Mary that is anything other than an actual apparition of Our Lady by definition cannot be ‘real’ - it must in fact be either a mistake or an outright lie, and thus the opposite of ‘real’. So you were indicating that you though Mary really was appearing at G.Hi, to me, there looks like there is something supernatural going on … but i question from what side?
A said ‘worry about Garabandal if it becomes approved’. That IS my opinion about Garabandal - that it’s not worth wasting a thought on at this point in time.That is not your “opinion” about “Garabandal”, that is your opinion about all Marian sites… right? and i didn’t ask that.
On October 11, 1996 the new bishop, Jose Vilaplana, again placed his prohibition on the alleged apparitions and said it is final.
"Some people have been coming directly to the Diocese of Santander (Spain) asking about the alleged apparitions of Garabandal and especially for the answer about the position of the hierarchy of the Church concerning these apparitions.
I need to communicate that:
- All the bishops of the diocese since 1961 through 1970 agreed that there was no supernatural validity for the apparitions.
- In the month of December of 1977 Bishop Dal Val of Santander, in union with his predecessors, stated that in the six years of being bishop of Santander there were no new phenomena.
- The same bishop, Dal Val, let a few years go by to allow the confusion or fanaticism to settle down, and then he initiated a commission to examine the apparitions in more depth. The conclusion of the commission agreed with the findings of the previous bishops. That there was no supernatural validity to such apparitions.
- At the time of the conclusions of the study, in 1991, I was installed bishop in the diocese. So during my visit to Rome, as limina visit which happened in the same year, I presented to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith the study and I asked for pastoral direction concerning this case.
- On Nov. 28, 1992, the Congregation sent me an answer saying that after examining the documentation, there was no need for direct intervention (by the Vatican) to take away the jurisdiction of the ordinary bishop of Santander in this case. Such a right belongs to the ordinary. Previous declarations of the Holy See agree in this finding. In the same letter they suggested that if I find it necessary to publish a declaration, that I reconfirm that there was no supernatural validity in the alleged apparitions, and this will make a unanimous position with my predecessors.
- Given that the declarations of my predecessors who studied the case have been clear and unanimous, I don’t find it necessary to have a new public declaration that would raise notoriety about something which happened so long ago. However, I find it necessary to rewrite this report as a direct answer to the people who ask for direction concerning this question, which is now final: I agree with [and] I accept the decision of my predecessors and the direction of the Holy See.
- In reference to the Eucharistic celebration in Garabandal, following the decision of my predecessors, I ruled that Masses can be celebrated only in the parish church and there will be no references to the alleged apparitions and visiting priests who want to say Mass must have approval from the pastor, who has my authorization. It’s my wish that this information is helpful to you.
My regards in Christ,
Jose Vilaplana
Bishop of Santander
Oct. 11, 1996
Garabandal is “not supernatural”, i.e., not from God - according to six straight bishops there, and the last of them said the decision was “final”. That doesn’t rule out the demonic (preternatural) - stay away from it. I think this thread might be closed (or deleted), although I actually think its a good idea to at least tell Catholics, repeatedly, the negative judgments by the Church on “apparitions” like Garabandal and Medjugorje. Observe:
Good people are always fooled by false apparitions - if that were not the case, the enemy would not bother.i wonder why Mother Angelica had Joey on her show / network, 4 times, i think?
Joey, who was healed by Padre Pio, says Padre Pio said Garabandal was true …
How can the Church or anyone say Garabandal is not supernatural when the girls walked backwards etc. Then call it demonic
why not “condemn” it like “bayside” etc.
…
but the messages are like those at Fatima etc. and i wonder how much longer will a Just God allow us to shun Him and drown in our own sins collectively?