Gay Christians? Christian Ok....and Gay..well

  • Thread starter Thread starter CopticChristian
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skipped Sunday because I don’t like disputing on the Sabbath. Wrote a long reply that somehow disappeared into the ether, and now have things to do. Will catch up on some of this later.
KW,

While you are recooping…look at the Orthodox view…The Catolic Church is Oriental Orthodox, Eastern Orthodox, Eastern/Western Catholic.

holy-trinity.org/morality/homosexuality.html
The Orthodox Church believes that homosexuality should be treated by society as an immoral and dangerous perversion and by religion as a sinful failure. In both cases, correction is called for. Homosexuals should be accorded the confidential medical and psychiatric facilities by which they can be helped to restore themselves to a self-respecting sexual identity that belongs to them by God’s ordinance.
In full confidentiality, the Orthodox Church cares and provides pastorally for homosexuals in the belief that no sinner who has failed himself and God should be allowed to deteriorate morally and spiritually.
Psychiatric restoration, without religious direction and reconciliation with God, is bound to prove short lived.
A healthy society and various religions do not recognize perversions. Rather, they work to restore the homosexual to the status of a self-esteemed individual and thus to a valued instrument of their own survival and wellbeing under God.
Oriental Orthodox/Coptic stance

religioustolerance.org/hom_copt.htm
About homosexuality itself: No society in history has accepted homosexuality as normal.
Gays and lesbians have never been comfortable about revealing their sexual orientation.
Nobody is born homosexual.
A homosexual orientation can be controlled.
One’s genes do not determine their sexual “preference.”
Some people become homosexual because of a hostile parent.
Others become homosexual by thinking positively about gay/lesbian activity, and experimenting with it.
Compare that with the Catechism of the OHCAC…The Catholic Church East/West I believe has a gentle approach to this issue. The Eastern/Oriental Orthodox may not be considered gentle.
 
Of course there are gay and lesbian Christians…just because one is a Christian does not mean ones sexual orientation no longer exists. 🤷
 
Of course there are gay and lesbian Christians…just because one is a Christian does not mean ones sexual orientation no longer exists. 🤷
Publisher,

You speak for Quakers and not the OHCAC…when someone becomes a Christian in the Oriental Orthodox, Eastern Orthodox, or OHCAC East/West…you are baptized as a means of being incoroporated into the Church and as a means of becoming a Christian…

To be baptized as a Christian you are not to identify as “GAY”…you may be a Christian with sames sex attraction and subject to the sin of homosexuality however you cannot be identified as gay after your baptism.

I cannot speak for Protestants, Mormons, Jehovah Witness, 7th Day Adentists or Muslims.

Quakers as I understand it accept Homosexuals with open arms and there may be such a thing as a “Gay” friend…
 
Publisher,

You speak for Quakers and not the OHCAC…when someone becomes a Christian in the Oriental Orthodox, Eastern Orthodox, or OHCAC East/West…you are baptized as a means of being incoroporated into the Church and as a means of becoming a Christian…

To be baptized as a Christian you are not to identify as “GAY”…you may be a Christian with sames sex attraction and subject to the sin of homosexuality however you cannot be identified as gay after your baptism.

I cannot speak for Protestants, Mormons, Jehovah Witness, 7th Day Adentists or Muslims.

Quakers as I understand it accept Homosexuals with open arms and there may be such a thing as a “Gay” friend…
I must dissagree with you strongly Coptic. There are homosexual Christians who try with all their might to remain chaste.
And often as not succeed.

I think you paint a false picture of everyone with same sex attractions yielding to every tempation the presents it’self, but that is just not true at all.
 
Satan is real and he uses everything at his disposal to destroy everything good he can. He is very cunning in the way he makes us choose him over God. Satan and his works are ugly and disgusting in their pure form and if he truly revealed himself to the world, everyone in the world would be running as fast as they can to receive the sacraments on a regular basis. But what he does is he takes something good (aka, love) and mixes in with it with just a little bit of evil (sex in the wrong context). No one commits a sexual sin and desires the negative consequences they bring. They want the pleasure or the ability to become closer to someone else. But once Satan has a foothold, it’s almost impossible for him to leave because he can tell more and more lies, until the good end you desired no longer exists and all you are left with is what is ugly and you are spiritually and eternally dead. Lies are only effective at first when there is some element of truth in them. A lot of Christians and especially Catholics don’t know what they’re doing when they remain silent or worse support “same sex marriage” legislation because it’s hard to think for yourself when you’re surrounded by a culture in which sex is just for fun.
 
Yes, someone can be a homosexual Christian. Their major temptation to sin is their homosexuality.
 
Publisher,

You speak for Quakers and not the OHCAC.
And you, CopticChristian, speak for yourself, and not the OHCAC. You will find no statement in the Catechism or in the Church’s official doctrine that says gay people are not or cannot be Christian. Nor will you find anything in the Church’s definition of a valid baptism (baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit) that excludes people with SSA either.
 
I must dissagree with you strongly Coptic. There are homosexual Christians who try with all their might to remain chaste.
And often as not succeed.

I think you paint a false picture of everyone with same sex attractions yielding to every tempation the presents it’self, but that is just not true at all.
Andrew,

The issue is “gay” vs “homosexual”

Ok
 
And you, CopticChristian, speak for yourself, and not the OHCAC. You will find no statement in the Catechism or in the Church’s official doctrine that says gay people are not or cannot be Christian. Nor will you find anything in the Church’s definition of a valid baptism (baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit) that excludes people with SSA either.
Farsight,

You are confused.
 
Yes, someone can be a homosexual Christian. Their major temptation to sin is their homosexuality.
Wings,

I believe that this lacks Charity.

Someone can be a Christian that has homosexual same sex attraction…do you designate

Pedophile Christian
Murdering Christian
Thieving Christian

How does one become a Christian regardles of walk of life…

When that happens, are you not a new creation…for don’t you know that in Baptism you were buried with him…and if you are born again are you not a new creation…

The new creation then sins…so do you designate the new creation by their sin first or by their new creation first

New Creation
Christian

Sin
Homosexual

Which is the designator here?

If someone is homosexual, not acting on their urges and wishes to be Christian are you going to deny them the God given right to become a new creation or do you call them first by their behavior.

Come my Christian brother…for do we not all sin…

do you want to be called by your sin…

or do you just want to be my Christian brother…your choice.

I don’t care what anyone’s sin is…they are first my Christian sibling…their sin is their sin and mine is mine…

Did Paul ever designate himself

Persecutor of the Church Least of the Apostles
Persecotor of the Church Least of the Saints
Persecutor of the Church Greatest of Sinners

Paul admitted his sin and then did not designate himself according to his sin as far as I can see…

If you sin…you should designate yourself by your sin…

I prefer to leave it as Christian sibling…let God deal with their sin

For me there is no homosexual Christian…no Gay Christian…for don’t you know that by one mans disobedieince sin entered the world and by one mans obedience we were made righteous…see what love the Father has that we are called children of God and so we are…and if righteous why designate someone as unrighteous with such a proud inheritance by designating them as sinful before you name them as belonging to the Family of God…

Children…just Children…Christian…just Christian…Ok
 
I believe you either read me completely wrong or are being technical about wording to push your agenda. What charity do I lack in saying that someone can be a gay Christian? gay=homosexual=same sex attraction in my book. We all have sins we struggle with in my book and a gay persons would be living a chaste life, as they cannot marry nor have relations with another man.
 
Yes, I do designate that a pedophile could be a Christian, a murderer could be a Christian, etc. Does it mean we classify them as that all the time? Well, no, but your question was Gay Christians?
 
Yes, I do designate that a pedophile could be a Christian, a murderer could be a Christian, etc. Does it mean we classify them as that all the time? Well, no, but your question was Gay Christians?
Wings,

Gay Christian is a non-sequitor…

you say.
gay=homosexual=same sex attraction in my book
Christian with same sex attraction is a homosexual

Christian with same sex attraction identifying as gay is accepting the lifestyle and agenda of the homosexual…it goes beyond same sex attraction.

Your book is wrong.

Gay is not part of the Catechism teaching. This book is right.

As the Lord looks down from heaven none is righteous no not one…will these evil doers never learn as they eat up my people like bread…

My people…my people that were children of Adam…not my gay people, not my sinful people…my people…my children…will these evil doers never learn…this comes from a book that is also right.
 
Coptic, you keep saying that gay means something different to homosexual. It obviously does for you, and from reading here I see that it does for some others too. It’s the first time I’ve ever heard of it though.

But the majority of people in society and to everyone I know, Catholics, Christians, church-goers and those who haven’t been inside a church in years, it doesn’t. It really doesn’t. You can use words how you wish but you’re not going to reach anyone who IS gay that way.
 
Coptic, you keep saying that gay means something different to homosexual. It obviously does for you, and from reading here I see that it does for some others too. It’s the first time I’ve ever heard of it though.

But the majority of people in society and to everyone I know, Catholics, Christians, church-goers and those who haven’t been inside a church in years, it doesn’t. It really doesn’t. You can use words how you wish but you’re not going to reach anyone who IS gay that way.
Do,

I pointed out that Nicolosi states that this is different. You choose not to believe that there is a difference.

Gay Agenda

Does that strike you as odd…many use that term…

annoy.com/features/doc.html?DocumentID=100722

cnn.com/2012/06/17/opinion/granderson-gay-agenda/index.html

gayagenda.com/

Now if you want to accept the notion that gay just means homosexual, then by all means…Go and do…so…

You have heard this before on other threads…you may choose to accept it…you may choose to reject it…

There is a Catholic on one of these postings…that is struggling with Same Sex Attraction…I cannot recall where I saw the post…but this person points out exactly what I am saying…

If someone is struggling with same sex attraction and really does not want to be labeled, associated or involved with these agendas…do them a favor, don’t refer to them as “gay” and I would not advise them to do so in reference to themselves…
 
Farsight,

You are confused.
If I’m the one who is confused, then please, explain. Simply saying that I’m confused and leaving it at that is an insult that I am more than justified in reporting. Please, where in the Catechism does it say that gay people are not Christian? Where in the Church’s definition of a Christian does it exclude gay people?
 
If I’m the one who is confused, then please, explain. Simply saying that I’m confused and leaving it at that is an insult that I am more than justified in reporting. Please, where in the Catechism does it say that gay people are not Christian? Where in the Church’s definition of a Christian does it exclude gay people?
Farsight,

I did not intend to insult you, forgive me. I believe that the issue has been discussed and I find no reason to continue. I have asked the moderator to close the thread. I have no desire to continue to post in this thread.

I find that while there are issues of concern that this is the least of the ones that needs discussion.

In the name of Charity and understanding as you have explained…no further discussion is needed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top