T
tuopaolo
Guest
The Vatican dictionary I posted about in the Moral Theology forum overrules your psychologist.Not according to the psychologist that I heard speaking about the DSM III.
The Vatican dictionary I posted about in the Moral Theology forum overrules your psychologist.Not according to the psychologist that I heard speaking about the DSM III.
I googled…O.K. **FITZ, Not nice to use initials we dont know the mening of. What does **DSM III. mean?
:tiphat: :whacky:
Even DSM is subject to political correctness. I haven’t personally checked, but I heard that DSM IV is also evasive on political hot topics such as this. I wonder whether the DSM considers pedophilia as a mental disorder.Not according to the psychologist that I heard speaking about the DSM III.
There was a brief but unsuccessful move to remove pedophilia from the DSM. It was predicated largely on the same “logic” that led to homosexuality’s removal in the 1970s.Even DSM is subject to political correctness. I haven’t personally checked, but I heard that DSM IV is also evasive on political hot topics such as this. I wonder whether the DSM considers pedophilia as a mental disorder.
Maybe we need a manual to handle destructive “orientations” which profoundly affect behavior and psychology, but which are not disorders.A rose by any other name, and all that.
There was a lot of ‘pressure’ placed on the APA to remove homosexuality from the DSM in 1973. Just as the pressure is building to remove other para-philias from the DSM…you know, like pedophilia…Not according to the psychologist that I heard speaking about the DSM III.
How about just remove them to fenced in area of the Canadian Rockies so they’ll be away from the rest of society? I’m all in favor of that.There was a lot of ‘pressure’ placed on the APA to remove homosexuality from the DSM in 1973. Just as the pressure is building to remove other para-philias from the DSM…you know, like pedophilia…
Our family will pray for him. He can be healed by God for whom all things are possible.This man is suffering. Will you please pray for him?
The shame and guilt of the gay lifestyle causes the self-destructive behavior (eating disorders, drug and alcohol abuse, promiscuous lifestyle, etc) and makes it very hard for them to ever think about turning away from it. Society’s increasing acceptance is also making recovery difficult, if not almost impossible.My husband works with a man who is homosexual. I could tell because there was none of that rapport that men and women have - that subconscious desire to be liked even when we are not interested and are unavailable. I hope you know what I mean. Anyway, I could tell from the beginning despite my husband’s protestations that his co-worker was homosexual. The man did finally reveal his orientation and I have to say he was anguished. He drank heavily at the company Christmas party and was very sick in the bathroom muttering that he didn’t want to be gay. He is very thoughtful and caring- he went out and got presents -clothes, diapers and toys for both of my children when they were born. The tragedy is, he had a very troubled childhood. In particular, his mother was very overbearing. He is very self-destructive and said his relationships are all based on “lust”. My husband and I have talked about how sad it is that he will never experience marriage or the birth of a child. He is also surprisingly, Catholic. When Pope John Paul II died, he was devastated. He said he loved our Pope and he knew that acting out his homosexuality was sinful. This man is suffering. Will you please pray for him?