Gay Men Are Found to Have Different Scent of Attraction

  • Thread starter Thread starter contemplative
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
contemplative:
“Gay men have fewer children, meaning that in Darwinian terms, any genetic variant that promotes homosexuality should be quickly eliminated from the population.”
so are those who use abortion and ABC
 
That’s what I said! If the gay community argues that they’re gay because of genetic, then they, as a species, would have died out a long time ago. How do you prolong your genetic variation if you can’t produce? Evolution would have taken over and stopped their gene pool dead in its track. Why the secularists and liberals believe in evolution and still in gay gene? When you can’t produce anything, evolution can’t proceed . Am I correct?

MugenOne
 
=MugenOne]That’s what I said! If the gay community argues that they’re gay because of genetic, then they, as a species, would have died out a long time ago. How do you prolong your genetic variation if you can’t produce? Evolution would have taken over and stopped their gene pool dead in its track. Why the secularists
and liberals believe in evolution and still in gay gene?
whoa my friend, i know plently of conservatives who believe the same, becareful with that broad brush…:cool:

When you can’t produce anything, evolution can’t proceed . Am I correct?

MugenOne
 
The only way I could see homosexuality to be in the genes is if it is a birth defect.
 
40.png
MugenOne:
That’s what I said! If the gay community argues that they’re gay because of genetic, then they, as a species, would have died out a long time ago. How do you prolong your genetic variation if you can’t produce? Evolution would have taken over and stopped their gene pool dead in its track. Why the secularists and liberals believe in evolution and still in gay gene? When you can’t produce anything, evolution can’t proceed . Am I correct?

MugenOne
Theoretically yes but realistically no. Whether people with SSA are ATTRACTED to the opposite sex doesn’t preclude them from REPRODUCING. Many lesbian women have children through artificial insemination (like the way I breed animals!). Many homosexual males spend at least part of their lives in heterosexual relationships. My cousin by marriage was ‘straight’ married his high school sweetheart, had several kids and then came out in his thirties, dumping his wife for a young man. Obviously his genes are still being passed on through his kids.

It’s unfortunately not easy to eradicate even really serious genetic problems, much less something like homosexuality which is really more behavioral than intrinsic

Lisa N
 
If the Gay Gene is recessive it would be possible for it to be passed down from generation to generation. Not to mention the fact that it has only recently been acceptable to be gay. Prior to that people who were gay would hide and actually take a wife or husband because they wanted to fit in.
 
40.png
wabrams:
The only way I could see homosexuality to be in the genes is if it is a birth defect.
Technically any deviation is a birth defect. Evolution relies on birth defects, it is just that the vast majority of birth defects are actually detrimental or inert, a very small percentage are beneficial. When I say small, I mean way less then 1%.
 
Then again it could be a trained/learned response like Pavlov and his dogs,
 
You know there is something to Catholic teaching on contraception and abortion. We are going to breed the heretics out! 😃
 
tom.wineman said:
Then again it could be a trained/learned response like Pavlov and his dogs,

I was wondering this as well. The sense of smell is VERY primal (for lack of a better word). Your memories about smells are immediate and accurate. I believe that smell goes right to a part of the brain (hypothalmus?) that provides immediate recognition. IOW you can remember a smell much easier than words or visuals. Further smells can be associated with certain experiences and result in positive or negative reactions. Having become extremely ill drinking screwdrivers, for YEARS if I even smelled orange juice I’d start gagging.

WARNING THIS IS GRAPHIC…just to show you how smells can be associated with certain experiences and responses, a homosexual man I know quite well said that the smell of human waste had become arousing to him, because of the obvious association.

At any rate you have to wonder about the study, whether it was random, double blind and could be duplicated. These people are so darned determined to prove a biological basis that they would stretch the truth IMO.

Lisa N
 
Lisa N:
I was wondering this as well. The sense of smell is VERY primal (for lack of a better word). Your memories about smells are immediate and accurate. I believe that smell goes right to a part of the brain (hypothalmus?) that provides immediate recognition. IOW you can remember a smell much easier than words or visuals. Further smells can be associated with certain experiences and result in positive or negative reactions. Having become extremely ill drinking screwdrivers, for YEARS if I even smelled orange juice I’d start gagging.

WARNING THIS IS GRAPHIC…just to show you how smells can be associated with certain experiences and responses, a homosexual man I know quite well said that the smell of human waste had become arousing to him, because of the obvious association.

At any rate you have to wonder about the study, whether it was random, double blind and could be duplicated. These people are so darned determined to prove a biological basis that they would stretch the truth IMO.

Lisa N
That would be a different scent of attraction.
 
The human pheromones from women which light up the hypothalamus in men is constantly there without regard to marriage. The human pheromone from men which activates the hypothalamus in women is constantly there without regard to marriage.
It is the blessing of the Sacrament of Marriage which defines a holy union. A sprinkling of human chemicals shouldn’t dissuade a husband and wife from marital fidelity. Faithful husbands and wives should not use chemicals cues as an excuse to sleep with extramarital mates anymore than homosexuals should use their chemical cues as a reason to fornicate with the same sex.
It is a straight line for all of us but well worth walking.
 
40.png
contemplative:
The human pheromones from women which light up the
hypothalamus
…light up the what?.. never mind, i really don’t want to know…

…this is one time that less is more…

in men is constantly there without regard to marriage. The human pheromone from men which activates the hypothalamus in women is constantly there without regard to marriage.
It is the blessing of the Sacrament of Marriage which defines a holy union. A sprinkling of human chemicals shouldn’t dissuade a husband and wife from marital fidelity. Faithful husbands and wives should not use chemicals cues as an excuse to sleep with extramarital mates anymore than homosexuals should use their chemical cues as a reason to fornicate with the same sex.
It is a straight line for all of us but well worth walking.
 
Regardless of how well the study was performed… it still can’t conclude anything about genetics. The brain has some flexibility to “rewire” itself somewhat according to circumstances, e.g. if a person loses his vision early in life, parts of the brain that would normally handle vision may become devoted more to hearing.

I don’t know what controls the scents that we give off, but presumably there is some interplay between the brain and nervous system, hormones, and scent-producing glands. I think as long as the brain is involved, it is impossible to rule out environmental factors like early childhood experiences and so on.
 
Bobby Jim:
Regardless of how well the study was performed… it still can’t conclude anything about genetics. The brain has some flexibility to “rewire” itself somewhat according to circumstances, e.g. if a person loses his vision early in life, parts of the brain that would normally handle vision may become devoted more to hearing.

I don’t know what controls the scents that we give off, but presumably there is some interplay between the brain and nervous system, hormones, and scent-producing glands. I think as long as the brain is involved, it is impossible to rule out environmental factors like early childhood experiences and so on.
Exactly. I suspect most of us wouldn’t find certain human odors arousing but apparently some homosexuals do. Was my homosexual friend born being aroused by this scent? I doubt it.

Lisa N
 
I think gays have misinterpreted the results of this study. They think it proves that they are born this way. Perhaps that is true.

But one thing it DOES prove is disorder. Responding to the pheromones of your own sex, if this study is correct, makes homosexuality a brain disorder, just like depression, schizophrenia, and all other brain disorders that come with their own distinct neurological abnormalities. Of course, the same psychology community who removed homosexuality from an earlier version of the DSM will never admit this, but any enlightened human being can see the similarities between homosexuality and other brain disorders in neurological response.

This ALSO gives hope that it may be treated, that it may be cured. This is a very promising study. Many people are just looking at it the wrong way.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top