Gays

  • Thread starter Thread starter vjnycguy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vjnycguy

Guest
I have seen many posts on here about the gays and how they have been denied a lot.

I’m worried that if this continues that the gays will be turned completely against and something big could happen. A riot, I don’t know.

More and more people are standing up for what they believe but don’t you think that it might go too far with not letting them do anything?
  • Just to clear something, I don’t support gay marriage I support traditional marriage and not gay*
 
Then let them riot. Then everybody will hate them more. Its a vicious cycle for both groups
 
i support gay marriage, every marriage should be happy 😉 but homosexual marriage on the other hand, i dont support, God bless
 
I have seen many posts on here about the gays and how they have been denied a lot.

I’m worried that if this continues that the gays will be turned completely against and something big could happen. A riot, I don’t know.

More and more people are standing up for what they believe but don’t you think that it might go too far with not letting them do anything?
  • Just to clear something, I don’t support gay marriage I support traditional marriage and not gay*
I am unclear on what you are talking about. What have those with homosexual tendencies been denied?
 
i think people wanna draw the line at redefining marriage. i agree.
 
Then let them riot. Then everybody will hate them more. Its a vicious cycle for both groups
The sad thing about this statement is the “everybody will hate them more” part. Perhaps I’m misunderstanding the context here (I hope). I’d like to think that people aren’t supporting certain things because of their beliefs rather than because they HATE gay people. 😦 I personally don’t hate them at all. I just cannot support certain things.
 
I have seen many posts on here about the gays and how they have been denied a lot.
Like what? As a group, they are above average intelligence, so they have not been denied educational opportunities. As a matter of fact, SS"M" is the current cause célèbre of academia. As a result of education, they have above average incomes, so they have not been denied employment opportunities. Have you heard of any gays being turned away from the voting polls? Have you heard of any gays being denied the right to buy and sell property?
…
More and more people are standing up for what they believe but don’t you think that it might go too far with not letting them do anything?
Anything? I think it’s they who are trying to tell the rest what to think.

To avoid appearing uncharitable, Christians must now not only tolerate evil, but they must fund it and validate it as well.
 
I have absolutely no strong feelings against this or any other special interest group. My fundamental objection remains that the interests of the few continually seem to trump the norms of the many, and drive much of the public discourse (this subject and others). This is often at the expense of others in need (the poor, undereducated, the sick, etc.).
 
Read all the threads about gays and you’ll see a lot of things denied.
As Catholics, we want to deny things to others that we know to be intrinsically evil (in this case, that means anything that furthers the accessibility and tolerance of sodomy which is wrong in every possible circumstance).

Intrinsically evil acts are always gravely damaging to the people who are committing the acts (both in this life and the next) so it would be gravely against charity for a Catholic to not oppose things such as gay marriage, civil homosexual unions, open advocacy of the homosexual lifestyle, etc…
 
Hate them? I would say the general public hates the Catholic Church more than they hate gays!
 
… My fundamental objection remains that the interests of the few continually seem to trump the norms of the many, …
Fr. Mitch Pacwa of EWTN had an example illustrating why this happens. If you ever go out to demonstrate against abortion, you will find homosexuals counter-demonstrating. The natural question people ask is, why do homosexuals need abortion? They don’t really, of course, but they have joined a political coalition that supports the things only small percentages do. They in turn get support from the pro-abortion lobby, etc. This forms a powerful voting bloc. That way they multiply their meager numbers.
 
Read all the threads about gays and you’ll see a lot of things denied.
I believe the OP is talking about the recent stories… like the gay couple that was denied their application to rent an apartment, and the other gay couple that was refused a wedding cake
 
My fundamental objection remains that the interests of the few continually seem to trump the norms of the many, and drive much of the public discourse (this subject and others). This is often at the expense of others in need (the poor, undereducated, the sick, etc.).
And this is what is so sad and disgusting. In church we heard about all the famine in Africa, various bombings of Christians by jihad groups, people in North America going hungry, mentally ill homeless living in destitution, etc. We are called on to support Catholic initiatives to alleviate these things. We are called to volunteer in soup kitchens, to help paint shelters, etc. Yet, in the public square, media and political arena, all the attention is on letting some well-off upper-middle class people prattle on about themselves and how horrible their privileged and comfortable lives are on the one hand and how we can “help” said oppressed/downtrodden people mentioned before by giving them cancerous drugs and forcing our culture of death on them!
Fr. Mitch Pacwa of EWTN had an example illustrating why this happens. If you ever go out to demonstrate against abortion, you will find homosexuals counter-demonstrating. The natural question people ask is, why do homosexuals need abortion? They don’t really, of course, but they have joined a political coalition that supports the things only small percentages do. They in turn get support from the pro-abortion lobby, etc. This forms a powerful voting bloc. That way they multiply their meager numbers.
Bang-on. This is also why so-called pro-gay groups march in pro-Hamas marches and support anti-Israel groups. This is especially bizarre given that such groups, outside of the popular leftist cliques and radical academics in the West who are part of them, tend to have a much less tolerant view on gays than do Catholics.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top