Gene Robinson Speaks at Planned Parenthood Breakfast

• Thread starter Thread starter Brad
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brad

Did anyone else witness this diabolical event? I caught about 1/2 hour as that was all I could take. This was a “faith” event with numerous clergy. Among the lowest lowlights of Robinson’s speech were the following:
  • It makes sense that the homosexual movement and the “reproductive rights” movement are joined because members in both movements have been persecuted by straight white men.
  • Straight white men have made all the decisions over the years and that is what this rebellion is about (it’s not about complete acceptance of grave immorality).
  • Robinson and others live in fear that conservative Christians will shoot him - he likened his plight to that of Buffalo abortion doctor Slepian who was shot in his home.
  • Robinson says both groups need to take back the Bible.
  • The current president is too black and white like all conservatives. Truth, in fact, can by combining person A’s truth and person B’s truth and meeting in the middle somewhere.
  • Robinson likened his plight to that of the Israelites in escaping Egpyt. First, he was “enslaved” as a heterosexual. Then he escaped but is still in the wilderness for not being accepted. (I don’t know if he realized how ironic that analogy is, considering how much of Egypt is still in Robinson and that he left his wife and kids to “escape”).
  • He only came to true understanding of the plight of abortionists when he came out of the closet. It was only then that he could feel their pain. Now, he doesn’t understand how straight white men can relate to both of their plights. However, he did find one example of how this could be done. A 19 year old white male came up to him and told him how. He said “First, I listened to you Mr. Robinson. Then, I believed!” Robinson thought this was revolutionary.
:eek:

Both groups do need to take back the bible, as they abandoned it a long time ago. That is a great idea.

Robinson not only needs to ‘take back his Bible" he might open it and see what it says about homosexuality. I dont’ know what “bible” he reads but all the versions I own indicate that same sex relationships were not acceptable.

It amazes me that the Episcopal church is standing by this man who seems h**l bent to destroy the entire church in order to further his perverted ambitions. I have some dear Episcopalian friends and they just don’t seem to be concerned.

Lisa N

Lisa N:
Robinson not only needs to ‘take back his Bible" he might open it and see what it says about homosexuality. I dont’ know what “bible” he reads but all the versions I own indicate that same sex relationships were not acceptable.
Oh, don’t worry. He anticipated such arguments. He did a preemptive strike on that one too. He said that there are many interpretations of different Bible verses. In fact, the Rabbis argue all the time over meaning of verses so certainly Christians could do the same. :rolleyes:

apparently, he is a master of relativism and revisionist reading. Why you cannot read a verse and take it for what it says. You must adjust it too your lifestyle. If it seems at first to contradict your lifestyle, try, try again.

Not coincidentally, I caught Fr. Corapi last night speaking of what a following you could gain as a pastor if you taught that Scripture and Tradition and the Church allow all kinds of immoral activities. He said you could get rich also and be famous. Of course, he said, you’ll go to Hell, but you could do it.

Why are any of us surprised at this? I cannot imagine what our delegates and the Anglicans have to talk about when they get together for ecumenical consultations.

40.png
Lisa4Catholics:
Do you think he will be available to speak at VOTF:rolleyes:
Sure, why not. Maybe we can invite Called to Action and Catholic for Free Choice.

Lisa N:

It amazes me that the Episcopal church is standing by this man who seems h**l bent to destroy the entire church in order to further his perverted ambitions. I have some dear Episcopalian friends and they just don’t seem to be concerned.

Lisa N
I recently received an email from a Episcopal priest who has converted to Orthodox…many are leaving.

40.png
Scott_Lafrance:
Sure, why not. Maybe we can invite Called to Action and Catholic for Free Choice.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Yes,exactly and they can further promote condoms for life:eek:

40.png
Scott_Lafrance:
The pastor at the Church I used to attend mass at would gladly invite him if he could get away with it.

40.png
Lisa4Catholics:
I love Father Corapi:D 👍 😃
By the way, he also said that if you continually teach error and doctrine that is contrary to Church teaching or even if you continually doubt then you automatically excommunicate yourself from the Church.

• It makes sense that the homosexual movement and the “reproductive rights” movement are joined because members in both movements have been persecuted by straight white men.
The two are “joined”, but for another reason.

40.png
Brad:
By the way, he also said that if you continually teach error and doctrine that is contrary to Church teaching or even if you continually doubt then you automatically excommunicate yourself from the Church.
Yep. It’s called being a heretic. I think you need obstinate doubt (ie be stubborn in your doubting, if you are searching with an open heart and you still honestly doubt, you are not a heretic.)

40.png
fix:
How long will it take Catholics to realize that the enemy will continue to align those together that we fail to evangelize and/or admonish? That we seek our own persecution when we fail to spread the Gospel?

40.png
Genesis315:
Yep. It’s called being a heretic. I think you need obstinate doubt (ie be stubborn in your doubting, if you are searching with an open heart and you still honestly doubt, you are not a heretic.)
Did not Aquinas say that anyone who fails to accept all the teachings of the Church places themself outside the faith? It seems very clear. Either we each accept the authority of the Church or reject it. All or nothing at all.

40.png
Brad:
Among the lowest lowlights of Robinson’s speech were the following:
  • Straight white men have made all the decisions over the years and that is what this rebellion is about (it’s not about complete acceptance of grave immorality).
  • Robinson and others live in fear that conservative Christians will shoot him - he likened his plight to that of Buffalo abortion doctor Slepian who was shot in his home.
  • Robinson says both groups need to take back the Bible.
  • The current president is too black and white like all conservatives. Truth, in fact, can by combining person A’s truth and person B’s truth and meeting in the middle somewhere.
  • Robinson likened his plight to that of the Israelites in escaping Egpyt. First, he was “enslaved” as a heterosexual. Then he escaped but is still in the wilderness for not being accepted. (I don’t know if he realized how ironic that analogy is, considering how much of Egypt is still in Robinson and that he left his wife and kids to “escape”).
  • He only came to true understanding of the plight of abortionists when he came out of the closet. It was only then that he could feel their pain. Now, he doesn’t understand how straight white men can relate to both of their plights. However, he did find one example of how this could be done. A 19 year old white male came up to him and told him how. He said “First, I listened to you Mr. Robinson. Then, I believed!” Robinson thought this was revolutionary.
What a putz.

i posted a thread earlier about two homosexual girls who killed one of their grandparents so they could “be together”. homosexuality always leads to the diabolical. it’s clear that homosexuals are more often involved in violent crimes then normal people and that homosexuality isn’t an orientation but a free choice based on various evironmental factors.

but, too many ignorant people in the church today, including bishops and cardinals, see that we should treat this issue with sympathy under the false belief that homosexuality is something genetic or that one’s sexual orientation is fixed. in reality, homosexuality is rooted in a false understanding of sex, namely that it is only for pleasure and not a sacred procreative and unity act in marriage that is a fortaste of our spiritual union with God in heaven.

sexual sins send more people to hell then any other. i believe our Lady of Fatima said this. homosexuality is a horrible affront to God and his divine law manifested in the natural law. the culture of death and homosexuality are one and the same. they are spawed in hell and all homosexuals are slaves to sin and the devil. lust is hell.

40.png
fix:
As the SNL Church Lady would say…

"Oh, I don’t know…Hm?..Could it be…Saaatan???!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back