George Carlin is miserable

  • Thread starter Thread starter edwest2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Other bible quotes that I guess you know as well.
Code:
 Maybe you should read Exodus 20:4.....You shall not carve idols for yourselves in the shape of anything in the sky above or on earth below...........the catholic church has statues and pictures of saints, everywhere.......NOT RIGHT!  Protestants say so to.
MT 6:7 But when you pray use not vain repetitions. (like the rosary) as the heathens for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Rosary was invented in 1090 AD by Peter the Hermit. Not sure if he is related to Herman and the Hermits but could be. Praying on beads came from pagan religions before, also Hindus invented praying on beads around the 4th century long before catholics copied their idea. Protestants have this one right!

MT 23:9 and call no one on earth your father for one is your father who is in heaven…shouldn’t be calling priests father…the bible says so.

George Carlin has appeared to millions and I am sure a good number of them were catholics. He is the number 1 standup comedian in America and Americans have made him #1

Catholics I find are very narrow minded and extremely thin skinned. Example. Watching skits on saturday night live of making fun of George Bush or Hillary Clinton and thousands of others over the years. What do they?. They laugh at themselves. When someone makes a comment about catholics what do they do…get all upset over nothing!. Time to laugh at yourselves and quit being so serious.
Code:
Most of what George Carlin says about the church is true.  He might say it in a sarcastic way but its all in humor.  

He says:  Catholic church takes in billions of dollars every year.  Pays no taxes,  and every sunday asks for more $$....TRUE  STORY!

Growing up like you,  I remember all the childrens stories/pictures from the bible and the catechism.   As adults many catholics still believe in this stuff.
Example: Angels: All depictions in the catholic church of angels are racially motivated to brain wash us. White is might! to the catholic church …When you see pictures or ceiling murals in churches of angels they are all VERY TALL ever notice that? I am sure you do. They all have white skin, blue eyes and blond hair. You’ve seen them. They are usually blowing a trumpet. (LOL) Why? Not one short angel, not one fat angel not one afro-american, japanese, chinese, middle eastern looking angel! Have you ever seen one? No you say. Why not? Shouldn’t angels be a crossed representative of what our culture is? Its not all white. What is the church teaching us? Angels also have wings on the back of their shoulders that are fixed. They don’t move. Whats that about? Angels all wear light colored smocks/hassacks that go right down to their sandals. What no sneekers or cowboy boots? No jeans? Why? WHAT IS THE CATHOLIC CHURCH TEACHING US???

Then there is Michael the arc angel. Always shown as a muscular fellow with thick blond hair and blue eyes riding a large powerful white horse. NEVER a black or brown horse…Why? On his wrists are tight fitting brass bangles and holding the largest sword I have ever seen with his RIGHT muscular arm. He is the only angel that wears a shorter smock or hassack. Sort of like a mini skirt to show off his muscular legs.

Why does the catholic church brain wash us to believe in all this non sense imagery. Only the catholic church! No wonder people make fun of the church…and you think all this angel stuff that I mention is OK? Please post back and tell me that what I typed above is not correct… UNBELIEVABLE!
LOL. You are not correct, but the kind of person who really should not be allowed to have an opinion of your own.

Seriously, people like you just need to do as they are told, as you are fundamentally incapable of contributing anything to any kind of intellectual argument.

Know your station. You’ll be happier.
 
LOL. You are not correct, but the kind of person who really should not be allowed to have an opinion of your own.

Seriously, people like you just need to do as they are told, as you are fundamentally incapable of contributing anything to any kind of intellectual argument.

Know your station. You’ll be happier.
You just DON’T want to believe whats written in the bible. Please check out these statements above that I made, they are in the BIBLE. Its either all true or non of it is true. The statesments I made above are all in the bible. Or is it you only want to believe what you pick out as being the word of God. I SEE! Cafeteria catholics we call them. Pick and choose what we think is right!. Is the bible fiction or non-fiction?..it can’t be both!

Not allowed to have an opinion you say. Thats sensorship. Its obvious you are a very one sided individual.

Where is George Carlin when I need him. He is right about the church. Takes in billions of dollars, pay NO TAXES and every week asks for more MONEY! UNBELIEVABLE!!

All of statements above are true. Please post back and indicate what isn’t written or what isn’t true
 
Sorry, I don’t respect you or your opinions enough to lay out what I believe. If they are plainly in the Bible, then why did it take 1600 years for people to discover that, even though the Bible has been with us from the beginning?

Ponder that, Aristotle.

Really, it’s best if you just leave the thinking for others. Perhaps you should do something more suited to your own gifts?
 
But that is not what I asked. You specifically said that it was a Higher position.

Here is your quote again

“Pope appointed Cardinal Law to a new higher position in the church”

How exactly did you come to that conclusion?
If it isn’t a higher position I stand to be corrected. Sounds like you are a strong supporter of former Cardinal Law who allowed these disgusting felony crime acts to happen. A guy that lived the good life, lying, and covering up crimes. Sexual abuse by priests in the catholic church is evident in every dioceses across america. This ain’t some isolated incident. Its obvious you have no sympathy for the victims. UNBELIEVABLE!
 
George Carlin might not be someone you like but he is not afraid to step forward and bring forth information about the church that most catholics would be afraid to do. He has guts, and he is very funny and millions of catholics that have seen his show keep coming back for more! Is he sarcastic…yes! but catholics are the only group that have no sense of humour. Even George Bush laughs at himself when someone portrays him as being aloof etc. Lighten up catholics
 
He’s funny? I don’t want to laugh at sin. I don’t want to think about the things he talks about.

“lighten up” is just the modern version of the “so what if it’s sinful?” idea. It matters.

God bless,
Ed
 
:mad:
If it isn’t a higher position I stand to be corrected. Sounds like you are a strong supporter of former Cardinal Law who allowed these disgusting felony crime acts to happen.
I think you should take a good logic course. First, you somehow reasoned that Cardinal Law got ‘promoted’ from running an Archdiocese to running a single parish.

And now, in a blaze of logic, you have determine that I am somehow a supporter of Cardinal Law’s actions simply because I corrected your mistake. :rolleyes:
 
:mad:

I think you should take a good logic course. First, you somehow reasoned that Cardinal Law got ‘promoted’ from running an Archdiocese to running a single parish.

And now, in a blaze of logic, you have determine that I am somehow a supporter of Cardinal Law’s actions simply because I corrected your mistake. :rolleyes:
Yes I made a mistake. You ever make a mistake? Even the pope makes mistakes. Even your parents…mistakes. At least I admit to a mistake. it takes a man to admit that. I don’t know where you would fit in that scenario.

A blaze of logic you say! WOW! Tell me what do you think of former cardinal law?..What do you think of the other cardinals and bishops that lied and covered up these crimes to protect the church…please tell me? …don’t hold back now! …I gave you my impressions time to hear yours! Come on put it out there like I DID!
 
:mad:

I think you should take a good logic course. First, you somehow reasoned that Cardinal Law got ‘promoted’ from running an Archdiocese to running a single parish.

And now, in a blaze of logic, you have determine that I am somehow a supporter of Cardinal Law’s actions simply because I corrected your mistake. :rolleyes:
Brendan: You haven’t responded yet to my post #69. Again what should have happened to formal cardinal law and any other church officials that harbor or have harbored sexual predators? Respond please!..

I am sure George Carlin has some kind words for them.
 
Brendan: You haven’t responded yet to my post #69. Again what should have happened to formal cardinal law and any other church officials that harbor or have harbored sexual predators? Respond please!..

I am sure George Carlin has some kind words for them.
I was helping out at my kid’s Science Fair last night. Remember Patience is a Virtue, Aqunias said so 🙂

As to what happend to Cardinal Law, he screwed up and screwed up BIG. But I don’t know enought about the cases to make a determination on if he did so out of sheer stupidity or our of malice.

I lean towards sheer stupidity, as he relied far too much on science. He accepted, at face value, the recommendations of psychologists who said that this was a mental illness that could be cured. So +Law sent these guys to therapy. That does fit in with the Christian ethos, that if one does something out of illness, the moral culpability is lessened.

So this was only a minor screw up on +Law’s part. The really BIG screwup came when he posted these men back into parishes. He accepted far too readily the declaration from the medical establishment that these men were ‘cured’. Fine, if they were actually ill and treated, they deserve forgiveness, that is part of being a Christian.

But the Cardinal should have known better than forgiveness a.) dones not remove temporal punishment and, most importantly,

b.) Does not mean that one should not guard against a relapse.

The men simply should have been sent off to a monastary for the rest of their lives to pray for their victims and make recompense hard work and acts of charity. That would have prevented any chance that science was wrong and the men were not cured.
 
but catholics are the only group that have no sense of humour.
Are you kidding me??? I can name at least one other “group” out there that would be calling for his head (literally, putting a death sentence on him) if Carlin, or anyone, were publically making fun our their religion (Swedish Muhammed cartoon scandel ring a bell for you?), and being a “former” member of that group wouldn’t excuse it (in fact, it would make it worse-apostate!), like it seems to for ex-Catholics. But Catholics have no sense of humor? Everyone’s offended by somethings. None of us believe that Carlin shouldn’t be allowed to do his routine, but we don’t have to like it.

I saw “The Hills Have Eyes II” this weekend, at my sister’s, b/c she and her husband were watching it. I thought it was a horrible, pointless movie (in case you’ve never heard of it, it’s 90 minutes of blood and gore, cannibalism, near constant profanity, and one rape scene thrown in for good measure). Should I have liked this movie? Am I prude for thinking it was horrible? We all have opinions, beliefs, and feelings, based on lots of things, our religious beliefs being just one of them. You can’t tell us we “have no sense of humor” because we find George Carlin offensive. And it’s not just his anti-Catholicism that’s offensive, it’s his whole repertoire, he hates EVERYTHING!

In Christ,

Ellen
 
I watched his entire show tonight with an open and honest mind. It is clear that he is a bitter and angry man.
 
…but catholics are the only group that have no sense of humour. Even George Bush laughs at himself when someone portrays him as being aloof etc. Lighten up catholics
Please…??? You can’t even be serious…
 
I find that so many so-called ‘comedians’ have this problem. They are angry, and bitter, and have no hope about anything. So much of comedy is not funny any more. I feel bad for these people. They have no hope, or optimism, just bitterness and anger. That’s not funny,

Just as bad, if not worse, is that Bill Mahr doofus. These people get so angry, it’s not funny it’s pitiful.
Good post. What’s really amazing is that he makes big money from it. I agree about Bill Mahr. What a sorry excuse for a celebrity.
 
Please…??? You can’t even be serious…
I do laugh at some of the things Carlin says. He has a great sense of timing and presentation. Some of the things he says are true and funny. Yet some are really insulting and not true. I choose not to laugh at them because I don’t think they’re funny. Does that mean I don’t have a sense of humor?
 
I do laugh at some of the things Carlin says. He has a great sense of timing and presentation. Some of the things he says are true and funny. Yet some are really insulting and not true. I choose not to laugh at them because I don’t think they’re funny. Does that mean I don’t have a sense of humor?
Exactly.
 
I use to love George Carlin. He was my favorite comedian and I thought he was God’s gift to comedy. That was back in my liberal days. After I started learning more about about the world, morals, my religion, etc. I became more conservative and realized the disgusting things he preached through his comedy.

I tried to ignore the offensive Catholic jokes and watch the rest, but after Atheists started using Carlin’s material to attack/insult Catholicism and the rest of Christianity, I knew I had to give him up. Throwing out all his tapes was one of the hardest things I had to do. It’s better this way though. :yup:
 
As an atheist, he fits in well with the HBO agenda. HBO is nothing more than a promotional outlet for atheism, pornography, and anti-American sentiment. I will be canceling my HBO subscription and letting both HBO and DirecTV know exactly why HBO lost my business.
HBO is excellent for their hard-hitting, often brilliant dramatic series’ (Oz, The Sopranos, The Wire, Brotherhood, etc.)… but aside from these, yeah, HBO is pretty much worthless. Their documentaries and comedy specials are usually repulsive.
 
Not to mentions HBO/Showtime glorification of the pornography industry. I have taked to women that have worked in that as is not anything like is shown in Cable TV. The sad thing is that the glorification is bringing some girls to try the industry.
I call them HBO pimp recruiting informencials shows.
 
Not to mentions HBO/Showtime glorification of the pornography industry. I have taked to women that have worked in that as is not anything like is shown in Cable TV. The sad thing is that the glorification is bringing some girls to try the industry.
I call them HBO pimp recruiting informencials shows.
I can’t begin to tell you how many times I’ve accidentally taped porn after recording a movie off of HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, etc. :mad:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top