B
Big_Feet
Guest
Should I have my daughter join, or not?
How strong are the so-called “ties to Planned Parenthood” if at all?
Thanks!
How strong are the so-called “ties to Planned Parenthood” if at all?
Thanks!
They are very strong at GSUSA. Your state maybe yes or no (I think that they all have letters denying any association). Your troop maybe yes or no.Should I have my daughter join, or not?
How strong are the so-called “ties to Planned Parenthood” if at all?
Thanks!
I was going to suggest American Hertiage as well. Our local chapter of the KoC has agreed to sponsor a chapter, and we’re waiting on the paperwork to go through so there’s a new charter soon. I hope to have my girls join and participate as long was they are interested.ahgonline.org/
Someone just told me about this group… I dont know much about it, but just about anything is better then the messages the Girl scouts send regarding chastity (at the national level).
Best of luck!!
God Bless
Not at all.Should I have my daughter join, or not?
How strong are the so-called “ties to Planned Parenthood” if at all?
Thanks!
Q: Does GSUSA have a relationship with Planned Parenthood?
From the Girl Scouts’ official website.A: No, Girl Scouts of the USA does not have a relationship or partnership with Planned Parenthood.
cnsnews.com/news/article/pelosi-girl-scouts-relationship-planned-parenthood-very-valuable
Not a problem for me. Gotta get my Thin Mint fix.My biggest objection is the cookie pushing.
Not true. The reporter asserted that GSUSA has a relationship with Planned Parenthood. Pelosi just said GSUSA’s relationships with “many organizations” are all very valuable.cnsnews.com/news/article/pelosi-girl-scouts-relationship-planned-parenthood-very-valuable
Nancy pelosi seems to disagree. PP relationship is very important to GS
After the event CNSNews.com asked Pelosi: “The Girl Scouts has had some ties to Planned Parenthood, do you think that’s a valuable relationship to have working together?”
“The Girl Scouts have relationships with many organizations,” Rep. Pelosi replied.
She was just giving the politician’s standard hey-I-think-organizations-who-support-our-youths-are-great non-answer answer.“And, yes, I think they are all very valuable.”
Follow the money. There are better ways to get cookies than to support that racket.Not a problem for me. Gotta get my Thin Mint fix.
: When I buy Girl Scout Cookies, where does the money go?
A: With every purchase, approximately 70% of the proceeds stays in the local Girl Scout council to provide a portion of the resources needed to support Girl Scouting in that area, including the portion that goes directly to the group selling the cookies. The balance goes directly to the baker to pay for the cookies.
Return to Top
Q: How does the cookie revenue benefit girls?
My DH is a Knight, along with another Knight, our DD’s both are in the same Brownie troop. Through our parish. I can’t imagine that the Pastor is not capable of finding all this information on the Scouts and allows it.A: All of the revenue earned from cookie activities —every penny after paying the baker—stays with the local Girl Scout council that sponsors the sale. This includes the portion that goes directly to the group selling cookies. Councils use their cookie revenue to supply essential services to troops, groups, and individual girls, such as providing program resources and communication support, training adult volunteers, and conducting special events. The Girl Scout council’s volunteer board of directors:
•Chooses the baker
•Determines the price per box
•Decides how this revenue will be used to provide vital services—such as adult recruitment and training and operation of camps and service centers—and other indirect expenses
•Decides how much money will be returned to groups selling cookies for their projects and activities
The link for the Washington Post is incomplete, but I wouldn’t believe their reporting to be unbiased. As to the NCCGSCF, this link should help.I keep reading that this link to PP is only a smear campaign that keeps getting spread and spread…
Please read these…
a recent Washington Post column…and also, a reputable Catholic Youth Ministry site, that has researched and found the rumors to be untruthful. And yet, innocent young girls are being punished because people keep spreading of these non-truths. Not fair to them.
washingtonpost.com/local/…d=pm_local_pop
nccgscf.org/faqs/index.htm