Going to a Protestant service to Proselytize

  • Thread starter Thread starter jesusalright4me
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahahaha I went to my parents’ and ex wife’s ELCA church for my ex wife’s memorial service. Now, when it came time to offer statements about her in the fellowship hall afterwards ( Hehehehe get this ) I got up from my seat, took the mike from the pastor, called him Father and said my piece about my ex wife. Otherwise, the only time I’ll ever go to a Protestant service is for major events: Confirmations, Baptisms, weddings, funerals, my kids’ activities; involving my family.
 
Last edited:
Oh, nothing bad. All I remember from it was that I said: “ Via con Dios, hermana. “ It translates as Go with God, sister.
 
Last edited:
Sorry. I wish there was an emoji for a sheepish look in my face. The “ getting “ part is calling the pastor Father.
 
First impression: Bad idea. Wrong place. Wrong time. This is something to discuss over coffee.

We plant seeds. It is the Holy Spirit Who converts. It may take the remainder of their lives, but as long as they are on the ship when it steams out of port - all is good.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top