K
Keith_Little
Guest
Hi all,
First post, so I’m not entirely sure if this is in the right location — I apologize in advance if it’s not.
My wife and I are devout Protestants looking at entering the Catholic Church. I’ve begun RCIA and will enter at the Easter Vigil. My wife is a bit behind with some of the bigger questions but following the same path. God is good!
We’ve had a long-time relationship with a devout non-denominational, evangelical Protestant community. All of our friends are connected to this community and we’ve “grown up” in the faith together. Our pastor, a non-denominational minister, is a close family friend.
The pastor and I met this week to talk about my conversion and he’s deeply interested. We’re good friends. Many, if not all, of his favourite authors and those who’ve formed his faith are Catholic. He’s very well-read.
We plan to get together once a month to chat and he plans to come to the Easter Vigil to see me confirmed into the Church.
He’s asked if I can recommend him a book to read before we meet again in the a month, then we can discuss the book.
I’ve been “reading my way” into the Catholic church and have read probably a few dozens books in the last year but, still, I thought I’d see if this forum had any other suggestions I hadn’t thought about for a book to recommend my Protestant pastor.
He’s well-educated, well-read, and isn’t afraid of a little theology so it doesn’t need to be geared towards a popular audience. It can be something more tough and more meaty.
I’ve told him that so many of the theological questions I’ve had as a Protestant were so satisfied by Catholic theology — scripture that we couldn’t explain as Protestant’s like Peter’s keys, communion of saints, Jesus’s first miracle. I’d like to give him something that he can sink his teeth into that will leave him breathless!
Thanks in advance, everyone.
First post, so I’m not entirely sure if this is in the right location — I apologize in advance if it’s not.
My wife and I are devout Protestants looking at entering the Catholic Church. I’ve begun RCIA and will enter at the Easter Vigil. My wife is a bit behind with some of the bigger questions but following the same path. God is good!
We’ve had a long-time relationship with a devout non-denominational, evangelical Protestant community. All of our friends are connected to this community and we’ve “grown up” in the faith together. Our pastor, a non-denominational minister, is a close family friend.
The pastor and I met this week to talk about my conversion and he’s deeply interested. We’re good friends. Many, if not all, of his favourite authors and those who’ve formed his faith are Catholic. He’s very well-read.
We plan to get together once a month to chat and he plans to come to the Easter Vigil to see me confirmed into the Church.
He’s asked if I can recommend him a book to read before we meet again in the a month, then we can discuss the book.
I’ve been “reading my way” into the Catholic church and have read probably a few dozens books in the last year but, still, I thought I’d see if this forum had any other suggestions I hadn’t thought about for a book to recommend my Protestant pastor.
He’s well-educated, well-read, and isn’t afraid of a little theology so it doesn’t need to be geared towards a popular audience. It can be something more tough and more meaty.
I’ve told him that so many of the theological questions I’ve had as a Protestant were so satisfied by Catholic theology — scripture that we couldn’t explain as Protestant’s like Peter’s keys, communion of saints, Jesus’s first miracle. I’d like to give him something that he can sink his teeth into that will leave him breathless!
Thanks in advance, everyone.