T
tqualey
Guest
Hi, Scottm,
Do you know why the Matthew-Mark-Luke-John order was established? I don’t.
Thanks and God bless
Do you know why the Matthew-Mark-Luke-John order was established? I don’t.
Thanks and God bless
It’s very sad that something so BLATANTLY STUPID got into a Catholic Bible. There’s no more warrant for that claim than saying, “The shortest person is likely to have written the first gospel,” or “The man with the shortest beard is likely to have written the first gospel.” Length of writing has no bearing on first in time. Come on, how many pages is the Iliad? And the Odyssey?
And then they counter, “But the 2nd guy had to copy of the first guy, and he probably added to it.”
**And I say, “YOU ARE ASSUMING THAT WHICH YOU SET OUT TO PROVE. YOU CANNOT ASSUME THE ANSWER.” **
Read it the other way around. Do it. Get your Bibles out and spend a few hours reading the Matthew first, and then Luke, and then Mark last. IT WORKS BEAUTIFULLY. Seriously. Get your Bibles out and do it! Read Mark third. You will be struck at how the story expands in the telling with Mark last of the three. **I’m serious. Do it. **
Translation: the theory of Mark first, and it’s companion theory of Q, arose in the 1800s. Before that it was unheard of.