C
Celia
Guest
This speech sounds the same to me as any other speech he makes. shrug
I was fortunate enough to be present at this speech.This speech sounds the same to me as any other speech he makes. shrug
Fitz,Thank you gilliam, I am listening to it now. My nephew graduated in this class and I wanted to go but was unable to attend so I am very happy to hear the President’s speech. I am very proud of our military, and am partial to the Navy. Thanks again.
grotto said:smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/14/14_1_105.gifHey Karen - maybe your angry contempt towards our President and our Country is being fed by jealousy because the majority of Americans are willing to follow President Bush’s leadership. I bet that simple statement sends your blood pressure screaming up!
So to move on to the topic - I saw the speech and it was GREAT! He comes through to people with a humble honesty and his message comes across with meaning. He’s my choice and I am pleased, proud, and appreciative of his service.
Congrats to your nephewI was fortunate enough to be present at this speech.
Four years ago, my nephew and about 1,000 other kids entered the Naval Academy to prepare for military careers. Little did they know, that the world was about to change so dramatically. In spite of this, these dedicated kids have become dedicated, well-trained, determined men and women ready to defend you and me.
It may have sounded like just another speech, but believe me, it was inspiring to those present.
I’d also like to point out, that President Bush shook hands with each and every newly-commissioned officer (almost a thousand men and women.) He thanked each of them personally and referred to them each by name. My nephew and his classmates were overwhelmed by President Bush’s sincere gratitude for the enormous job they have committed to do.
Also in reply to GROTTO: Celia you hit it right on the head… Just because “most " people are willing to blindly follow Bush’s policies does not make him right…This post isn’t directed toward me so I probably should keep my mouth shut but I heard a a quote from another thread that our Pope Benedict made, he said, “Truth is not determined by a majority vote.” Of course, he was talking about the church, but I think the same rule applies here. Just because "most " people are willing to blindly follow Bush’s policies does not make him right…
ooh I’m gonna get it for that one![]()
Karin, what they do PROTECTS YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN!Also in reply to GROTTO: Celia you hit it right on the head… Just because “most " people are willing to blindly follow Bush’s policies does not make him right…
GROTTO-no my blood pressure has not skyrocketed…I just find it funnythat americans are so naive to believe everything that their goverment tells them and naive enough for them to believe that everything that their goverment does is correct/right etc.
As to the speach that Bush gave…hey if he can misguide the youth of today into possibly giving up their lives for a 'farce” then more power ot him…as to the men and woman that serve this country in the military…**THANK YOU:clapping: **, what you do takes much courage and we are all proud of you, some of us are just not proud of the goverment that leads you.
Very well said…I agreeI don’t usually involve myself in threads of this type, but several posts here have ruffled my feathers more than a little bit. This is probably a bit off-topic, but so are quite a few of the other posts that I would like to address.
That’s my rant for the day. God bless all of you.
- Everybody knows that the congressional act under which we entered the war with Iraq was passed for that specific purpose. The legalistic armchair quarterbacks with amazing 20/20 hindsight who are now picking it apart are really coming up with some questionable arguments that hold about as much water as a rusty bucket.
- There is every indication, based on the information available at the time, that the president acted in a proper manner when he decided to invade Iraq… To flatly call him a liar is, in my opinion, nothing short of sinful. Why is he being so vehemently condemned when the previous president was of the same opinion? There is no question but what Hussein had WMD’s in violation of the UN resolutions (remember the Kurds); the real question is what he did with them. Are they buried in the Syrian desert? Who knows? If any poster knows for certain what happened to them and when, and can show that GWB knew this before the invasion, then, and only then, can you be justified in calling him a liar. Minus that, such name calling just idenitfies a post as an unreasonable political rant, blindly following the party line just as you accuse those who disagree with you of doing. That sword is sharp on both sides, folks.
- Whatever happened to patriotism and civility? When did party affilliations become more important than the welfare of the nation? Why all the insinuation and name calling? Can’t we have a discussion without that? I have supported our presidents of both parties when I could and have disagreed with them when I had to. Just as nobody is perfect, neither is anyone wrong 100% of the time. You would never come to that conclusion based on some of the posts here, and that is a shame. It seems that we have come to the point of hating the administration (either party) first and loving our great country second, and that just makes me sick.
Amen! And you don’t have to be a geezer to see this truth. (Since I’m a very young 39!)I don’t usually involve myself in threads of this type, but several posts here have ruffled my feathers more than a little bit. This is probably a bit off-topic, but so are quite a few of the other posts that I would like to address.
That’s my rant for the day. God bless all of you.
- Everybody knows that the congressional act under which we entered the war with Iraq was passed for that specific purpose. The legalistic armchair quarterbacks with amazing 20/20 hindsight who are now picking it apart are really coming up with some questionable arguments that hold about as much water as a rusty bucket.
- There is every indication, based on the information available at the time, that the president acted in a proper manner when he decided to invade Iraq… To flatly call him a liar is, in my opinion, nothing short of sinful. Why is he being so vehemently condemned when the previous president was of the same opinion? There is no question but what Hussein had WMD’s in violation of the UN resolutions (remember the Kurds); the real question is what he did with them. Are they buried in the Syrian desert? Who knows? If any poster knows for certain what happened to them and when, and can show that GWB knew this before the invasion, then, and only then, can you be justified in calling him a liar. Minus that, such name calling just idenitfies a post as an unreasonable political rant, blindly following the party line just as you accuse those who disagree with you of doing. That sword is sharp on both sides, folks.
- Whatever happened to patriotism and civility? When did party affilliations become more important than the welfare of the nation? Why all the insinuation and name calling? Can’t we have a discussion without that? I have supported our presidents of both parties when I could and have disagreed with them when I had to. Just as nobody is perfect, neither is anyone wrong 100% of the time. You would never come to that conclusion based on some of the posts here, and that is a shame. It seems that we have come to the point of hating the administration (either party) first and loving our great country second, and that just makes me sick.
Just the facts, ma’am, just the facts. :yup:Your incorrect.
The UN authorized it in the last resolution they passed. Although, we are not bound by waiting for the UN to rule.
Congress authorized it (by an overwelming majority by the way) Which we are bound by. Read the law that Congress passed:
Joint Resolution to Authorize the Use of United States Armed Forces Against Iraq
Oh puleeze spare us the pseudo duperior intellect thoughts in your attempt to hijack the thread.Also in reply to GROTTO: Celia you hit it right on the head… Just because “most " people are willing to blindly follow Bush’s policies does not make him right…
GROTTO-no my blood pressure has not skyrocketed…I just find it funnythat americans are so naive to believe everything that their goverment tells them and naive enough for them to believe that everything that their goverment does is correct/right etc.
As to the speach that Bush gave…hey if he can misguide the youth of today into possibly giving up their lives for a 'farce” then more power ot him…as to the men and woman that serve this country in the military…**THANK YOU:clapping: **, what you do takes much courage and we are all proud of you, some of us are just not proud of the goverment that leads you.