H
Hawkeye916
Guest
I’m struggling with forgiving myself for past sins. All of my past serious sins have been confessed and repented of, but I can’t help but grieve over what I’ve done.
My fiancé and I are getting married this Saturday, and with our marriage will come a sexual union. The thought of our future union which will be pure and chaste, causes me to grieve the past impure, sexual sins we have committed together. Praise God we never fornicated, but we pushed the boundaries and acted unchastely from time to time.
Thankfully we came to our senses, saw were our actions and behaviors were taking us and drastically changed for the better.
Despite this, and the knowledge that God has wiped clean our offenses, my past still haunts me and continues to cause me heartache. How I caused myself to fall so low, led my fiancé into sin, and most grievously, offended God by abusing His precious gift of sexuality.
How do I get over these feeling of such grief?
Any advice would be appreciated
My fiancé and I are getting married this Saturday, and with our marriage will come a sexual union. The thought of our future union which will be pure and chaste, causes me to grieve the past impure, sexual sins we have committed together. Praise God we never fornicated, but we pushed the boundaries and acted unchastely from time to time.
Thankfully we came to our senses, saw were our actions and behaviors were taking us and drastically changed for the better.
Despite this, and the knowledge that God has wiped clean our offenses, my past still haunts me and continues to cause me heartache. How I caused myself to fall so low, led my fiancé into sin, and most grievously, offended God by abusing His precious gift of sexuality.
How do I get over these feeling of such grief?
Any advice would be appreciated