G
geezerbob
Guest
I do know that God created and ordered the universe and don’t know why you would even ask such a question. I find it more that a little insulting.Quite true but, in the past when volcanoes discharged into the atmosphere there was an abundance of greenary (Trees etc.) and plankton in the sea to soak up the excess CO2 quite quickly.
Man has destroyed a great number of the trees and vegetation and his overuse of pesticides and insecticides and others has reduced both the quantity and effectiveness of natures own vacuum cleaners. So the problem is not one of pumping greenhouse gases into the atmosphere it’s one of destroying the natural balance God created. (Free will can have it’s down as well as up side). Or do you not think God created the natural order of things or that man cannot upset it?
There are more trees in the U. S. now than there were a hundred years ago. Unfortunately, that is not the case in many parts of the world, even though we seem to get credit for destroying forests worldwide. What do you propose we do about it?
I see pollution now and compare it with what it was fifty years ago and, despite the increase in population, have noted the improvement in air and water quality in the U. S. The same cannot be said for countries such as China where dung fires are routinely used for cooking and spew untold amounts of pollution into the atmosphere, dwarfing what the more developed countries do. Again, since we have been and still are successfully working to lower our emissions here, how do you propose to limit the pollution from other nations?
Just so you understand my position, I am delighted at the progress that has been made here and in other industrialized countries but realize that our efforts must continue. I am dismayed at the stone throwing at us from less developed countries who are making no effort to clean us their own mess. Just because I don’t get all excited about things that man has little control over doesn’t mean that I think we should all run around and do everything possible to destroy the earth.
Finally, we’ve got all kinds of “experts” making all kinds of conflicting statements about the effect man is having on the environment but they’re all dealing with isolated bits and pieces of it. The total environment of the earth is so complex in its dynamics that we will probably never fully understand how it all works together, much less what total effect a single catastrophic event or the cumulative effects of man’s activities might have on it. I’ll repeat my earlier statement that at the current time, it’s all speculation based on limited evidence dealing with a specific area of concern, which may or may not be valid in other areas.