D
domNoah
Guest
You might point out to her that God will send her a child in his own time and that using fertility drugs shows a lack of faith in him.So one of the few members of my extended family that I have a relationship with has told me that she is starting fertility drugs. This relative is 24, has her GED, no college education, no work experience beyond jumping around various minimum wage jobs (gas stations, factories, restaurant kitchens, etc) and has moved every year for the last 4 years to cheaper and cheaper places because she never has enough money to cover rent. She has frequently struggled to buy food. She is married to a man that is certainly not abusive, but doesn’t love and cherish her the way she deserves, and in just the few years they’ve been married he has moved out twice. They are on the brink of divorce more often than not.
I just want to shake her and scream “Wake up! You’re young! Go to school or get job training, find a stable place to live, work on your relationship with your husband, have at least steady money coming in, then make a baby!”
Of course doing that would just harm our relationship. She’s going to do what she’s going to do. So, my question is what can I say or do during her pregnancy and after she gives birth to make this easier for her? I know to refer her to WIC and have her look in to food stamps and possibly Section 8 if she qualifies. I also have a good relationship with the minister of her church, so if there’s a problem I can enlist in her help. But is there something I’m missing? Are there any other resources?
I know knocking some sense in to her is a lost cause, but I don’t want to see her or her family struggle after she goes through with this.