Harold Camping has refuted Sola Scriptura

  • Thread starter Thread starter RSD
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
That still doesn’t prove that the Bible alone is our only infallible guide.

Are you aware that there was no biblical canon until the 4th century? What did believers have before that?
The scriptures written by the prophets and God’s inspired writers.
 
What I see is that you are unable to support yout beliefs from the Bible so you are throwing up a smokescreen. That’s just sad.

I have absolutely no problem with the Bible being my guide. What I have a problem with is people like you who try to make it say something it doesn’t say, just like Harold Camping.
Wow!! You actually turned the tables. I use the bible alone and Harold Camping added to it. He sounds a lot like an organization that you and I both know. He twisted and turned the scriptures upside down with a little of his own “work.”
 
The scriptures written by the prophets and God’s inspired writers.
I agree 100%. It still doesn’t prove what you are trying to make it prove, however. Didn’t John write that there was a lot more of what Jesus said and did than were recorded in the Bible? See John 20:30.

What is the pillar and support of the truth?
 
There’s a lot more to the Bible than just the prophecies of Daniel. I study the entire Bible.
Of course there’s a lot more. I agree. God gave us those prophecies to carefully study so we won’t make the same mistake as Camping and I’m guessing you missed them.
 
Of course there’s a lot more. I agree. God gave us those prophecies to carefully study so we won’t make the same mistake as Camping and I’m guessing you missed them.
What in the world are you talking about? Do you think I agree with Camping? No way.
 
I agree 100%. It still doesn’t prove what you are trying to make it prove, however. Didn’t John write that there was a lot more of what Jesus said and did than were recorded in the Bible? See John 20:30.

What is the pillar and support of the truth?
You left out John 20:31, the next scripture I might add. But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name. John 20:31

Those things that are written are what you need. You don’t realize you just proved my point. The bible alone.
 
Wow!! You actually turned the tables. I use the bible alone and Harold Camping added to it. He sounds a lot like an organization that you and I both know. He twisted and turned the scriptures upside down with a little of his own “work.”
I haven’t read anything by Camping recently. I’m under the impression that he didn’t come to his views on the Rapture by adding to Scripture but rather by ignoring it. You, on the other hand, are adding to Scripture with your false belief that the Bible is our sole infallible authority. That idea was invented (added to Scripture) in the 13th century and popularized by Luther. That’s why I say you are adding to the Bible since yuo are teaching something the Bible doesn’t.
 
I haven’t read anything by Camping recently. I’m under the impression that he didn’t come to his views on the Rapture by adding to Scripture but rather by ignoring it. You, on the other hand, are adding to Scripture with your false belief that the Bible is our sole infallible authority. That idea was invented (added to Scripture) in the 13th century and popularized by Luther. That’s why I say you are adding to the Bible since yuo are teaching something the Bible doesn’t.
How am I adding to scripture? I go by the bible alone. You and the organization that you are affiliated with have traditions that are not in the bible. Isn’t that adding to scripture. What are my beliefs? How am I adding if you don’t know my beliefs? All you know is that I stand by the bible only? What else do I stand by.
 
Harold Camping is the guy who is running around saying the rapture will happen today.
the naked guy in town that has a billboard covering his privates that claims the “the world will end today” or a different loon.
 
You left out John 20:31, the next scripture I might add. But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name. John 20:31

Those things that are written are what you need. You don’t realize you just proved my point. The bible alone.
I didn’t ignore a thing. If John thought that his gospel was all we needed, why did he write his letters or Revelation? John did not know, when he wrote his gospel, that it would eventually become part of Scripture. If you asked him while he was alive what Scripture was, he would have said the Old Testament. There was no New Testament in his time.

Which brings us to an interesting point. If the Bible alone is our guide, where does it tell us which books are in the Bible and which are not inspired by the Holy Spirit?
 
How am I adding to scripture? I go by the bible alone. You and the organization that you are affiliated with have traditions that are not in the bible. Isn’t that adding to scripture. What are my beliefs? How am I adding if you don’t know my beliefs? All you know is that I stand by the bible only? What else do I stand by.
If you are going by the Bible alone, where does it tell you to do that? I asked you that a while ago and you have failed to answer. If the Bible does not tell you to go by the Bible alone, then you are adding to the Bible by insisting others do so. Also, where does the Bible tell us which books comprise the Bible? If you can only go by what the Bible says, then you should be able to answer that as well.
 
I agree 100%. It still doesn’t prove what you are trying to make it prove, however. Didn’t John write that there was a lot more of what Jesus said and did than were recorded in the Bible? See John 20:30.

What is the pillar and support of the truth?
I see you stopped talking about John 20:30, 31

Do you see it? The bible clearly states that yes Jesus did things that are not written BUT those things that are written are there so that we may believe that Jesus is the Christ, Son of God. That means that what is in the bible was purposely put there for our salvation. God gave us sufficient enough scriptures for us to believe. Those things that are NOT written will not affect our salvation which means the CC does not have to add to the bible. Get it? Got it.
 
I see you stopped talking about John 20:30, 31

Do you see it? The bible clearly states that yes Jesus did things that are not written BUT those things that are written are there so that we may believe that Jesus is the Christ, Son of God. That means that what is in the bible was purposely put there for our salvation. God gave us sufficient enough scriptures for us to believe. Those things that are NOT written will not affect our salvation which means the CC does not have to add to the bible. Get it? Got it.
Did you read msg #33? Apparently not. I’m not ignoring your comments; I’m just showing how wrong they are.
 
Did you read msg #33? Apparently not. I’m not ignoring your comments; I’m just showing how wrong they are.
You are stuck on the “church” and not the bible. Anyone with one eye can see that you are placing the bible beneath the church. This is hindering you from seeing that the bible alone is all you need.
 
I think what we have witnessed here was just another profit-eer claiming to be prophet-seer…
Let us pray his supporters catch up with the old fraud before he disappears with their money!

Pity though that none of them take heed of their bible:

Mt 24:36 But of that day and hour no one knoweth: no, not the angels of heaven, but the Father alone.
 
I think what we have witnessed here was just another profit-eer claiming to be prophet-seer…
Let us pray his supporters catch up with the old fraud before he disappears with their money!

Pity though that none of them take heed of their bible:

Mt 24:36 But of that day and hour no one knoweth: no, not the angels of heaven, but the Father alone.
It’s also not the first time he’s pulled this. He predicted the Rapture back in 1994 also.
 
Did you read msg #33? Apparently not. I’m not ignoring your comments; I’m just showing how wrong they are.
My point is that Camping made this mistake because he added to the bible. Whether it was calculations or traditions, it was wrong and his prediction failed. If we let the prophecies define themselves and show us the end, then these things won’t happen.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top