L
lovespurple
Guest
This is going to sound like a rediculous question but I don’t have the answer. A few years ago I lost some jewelry and asked God to help me find it and said that I would not buy any jewelry for myself if he helped me find it. I don’t remember how I worded it exactly - it if was I would never buy any forever either way, or if I wouldn’t buy any jewelry if I found what I was looking for. Either way I never did find it. I have not bought myself any jewelry. My family member sent me a watch for my birthday and I exchanged it for a different watch. But in the past, the way that I occasionally treat myself is by buying a little pendant or whatever. I really enjoy jewelry and I was wondering, is this an oath that I took? I know now that the bible says not to do this, I did not know it at the time. Even if you do make a promise, I believe it’s supposed to be for a sin - like I will not break the law or go against God’s law. Buying yourself some earrings is not a sin. It seems rediculous now to me that I did what I did over something that wasn’t even a sin. So…does this mean that I can not ever buy myself a little something that makes me happy? I know now that the bible says let your yes be a yes and your no be a no - and do not make an oath at all. Was what I said an oath? Can I never buy myself any jewelry?
This sounds like such a stupid question and maybe it is. I just get overly worried though and am worried that I will offend God or break an oath and that would be bad.
This sounds like such a stupid question and maybe it is. I just get overly worried though and am worried that I will offend God or break an oath and that would be bad.