Have to Vent-Ghosts and Kids

  • Thread starter Thread starter SurlyMermaid
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not experienced anything myself since late teens but this phenomena is real. I agree that praying and contacting the priest is good. Also, just my opinion, but I think it is okay to stand up and tell the entity/demon/ghost in the name of Jesus to get our of the house if you so choose.
Yep that’s what I would do and have the house blessed as a precaution. Also pray for GOD to wrap his protecting arms around the household. That works well too.
 
Thanks, guys.

I really, really dreaded telling his mom that she could not be here for the blessing. I think it hurt her feelings. I completely, completely understand. I went through for many years how she feels, like most of the “Christians” were judgmental people who were too good to be around me. When I told her, the first thing she said was, “I guess I’m bad and can’t be there.” She started talking about how in the Christian Bible there are prohibitions against doing magic. She said, “I should be able to believe what I want, and do magic if I want.” Her husband is an ordained “priest.” I can’t seem to make her understand the guy that ordained him is an “Old Charismatic Catholic,” and not “Roman Catholic.” Two different animals. She doesn’t understand why she is being snubbed. I told her it would be the same if she were another denomination of Christian, such as J’s Witness or Mormon, or even Jewish.

Now her son is not happy with the blessing and is not going to participate or allow himself to be blessed in any way. He and his mom feel snubbed. I was also hoping for some light evangelism here, not counterproduction. The minister didn’t elaborate in the email but simply said having a Wiccan there would be “inappropriate.” My husband’s ex has even more of a bad taste in her mouth concerning Christianity/Catholicism now. 😦 She is concerned now about having a non-Pagan ritual done to her son without her being there to supervise. His dad is lapsed Catholic but respects his family’s traditions and my faith so he is allowing this.

At any rate, will let you all know how it goes and how my stepson takes it.

Need to start doing the holy water again!!! I am no longer allowed to bless my stepson in the morning, but I had been recommended to get a priest to bless a gallon jug of water and start cooking with it! 😉
 
Sounds like the best thing you can do is take the entire matter to God in your heart. You are up against a lot. Will continue to pray for you and all involved.
 
I am sorry her feelings were hurt. You are right that it could have gone the other way and been an evangalizational tool, but I can see the priest’s point that a Catholic blessing is not on par with any kind of pagan/wiccan practice.

I hope your stepson changes his mind about being there, but the blessing does not depend on his presence. Be sure the priest goes into his room. When we had our house blessed, the priest just blessed our bedroom as a stand-in for all the bedrooms (and just the powder room). I think in your case though it is important that the boy’s room is physically blessed.

Our priest blessed a large bowl of water to use in the house blessing which we then kept. You can ask the priest to bless a gallon or so, and then either cook with it, or just pour out some for everyone to drink.

I’ll be praying for you all.
 
I will keep your family in my prayers. Thank you for taking this seriously. Stay strong in the Lord.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top