Hear the shocking response from the JustinWelby after he was asked whether he supports buffer zones around abortion clinics

  • Thread starter Thread starter IanM
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also participate. In addition to praying we hand out literature and advise those going in the clinic where to go nearby for counseling. If there is any harassment it’s directed towards us. Security guards taking pictures and staring us down, young men working for the clinic escorting the women getting in our faces and yelling, cursing, name calling and worse, passerbys doing the same.
 
Last edited:
When does this happen? Perhaps in the days of operation rescue. All we see around here are people praying.
 
When does this happen? Perhaps in the days of operation rescue. All we see around here are people praying.
Halloween is for some reason a big day for the anti prolifers. One year they had a big bunch dressed up in costumes, some of them blasphemous, screaming and partying it up. They played recordings of babies giggling and baby talk.

This year the doctor , and two staff, came out on the sidewalk dressed as witches, and pushed the ladies praying there. Another time the doctor came out on the sidewalk, with a long pair of scissors, taunting the prolifers.

If anyone thinks Satan is just a cultural icon or literary symbol, they haven’t spent any time around here.
 
So, not to disagree with you but, I work in the medical field and perhaps it does happen in some odd places but usually a hospital doesn’t send a woman to an abortion clinic if she comes in with the possibility of her baby having died. The doctors and nurses will care for the mother and baby completely, otherwise they could be looking at some definite problems from all the government agencies regulating the hospital and making sure that they give good medical care to both the mother and baby. They will also give the mother a chance to see her baby if the mother wishes. This will give her time to bond and grieve.
I certainly agree that it would be horribly traumatic if a hospital didn’t give adequate care to the mother and baby and rather sent them to an abortion clinic.
I believe Lou is talking about the process in the UK. All medical care is free, so of course any woman suspecting her baby has died would immediately go to the hospital for care. All maternity services in the UK heavily stress the point that if you have any concerns regarding the health of your baby/reduction in movement etc, you are to come in immediately to the maternity unit for a scan (units are open 24-7). I gave birth 7 weeks ago and this was stressed to me at every midwife appointment, and scan, as well as reiterated on all the pregnancy related literature I was given.

What MAY happen if a woman has a scan at the hospital and is confirmed to having lost her pregnancy is that they may then be referred to a clinic where abortions are carried out for the D&C process. This would only be if the hospital didn’t typically do those services in house and would vary by hospital size/availability and local patient pathway.
 
Last edited:
I believe Lou is talking about the process in the UK. All medical care is free, so of course any woman suspecting her baby has died would immediately go to the hospital for care. All maternity services in the UK heavily stress the point that if you have any concerns regarding the health of your baby/reduction in movement etc, you are to come in immediately to the maternity unit for a scan (units are open 24-7). I gave birth 7 weeks ago and this was stressed to me at every midwife appointment, and scan, as well as reiterated on all the pregnancy related literature I was given.
Yes, I understood that and understand it can be somewhat different in the UK, though the NHS UK website does also stress the importance of going to the hospital to be sure of the things I mentioned above, the baby truly has died, and the health of the mother isn’t at risk. It also adds the importance of care of the mother following the birth of a stillborn baby and help with the bereavement process. When ever there is a death of a child, whether by an abortion choice or a still birth, there most always are two victims, the mother and the child.
 
Last edited:
That’s good. But what about those who behave badly? Should they be given carte Blanche?
I believe that the police already have powers to arrest and charge people for harassment etc. Buffer zones effectively ban anyone from praying, offering help or just being there, in the vicinity of the abortion centre. Buffer zones have not, as I understand it, been implemented as a result of the police wanting more tools to control harrassment.

How does this banning of peaceful people gathering in small groups on public land stack up in terms of freedom of speech, freedom of religious expression, or simply wanting to offer help to vulnerable women should they those wish to take it?
 
Last edited:
Yes, that’s what I meant, @_Ruby (and congratulations on your baby!). Sorry @MagdalenaRita, I really didn’t explain it well.
the NHS UK website does also stress the importance of going to the hospital to be sure of the things I mentioned above, the baby truly has died, and the health of the mother isn’t at risk.
Of course. I don’t think anyone would go straight to an abortion clinic if they thought their baby had died.
 
Last edited:
The US of course. No, it would have cost her several thousand dollars without spending the night even.
Not sure what you mean by “of course”, unless it’s to point out that only in the US would one face such medical charges in such circumstances.
 
Not sure what you mean by “of course”, unless it’s to point out that only in the US would one face such medical charges in such circumstances.
That’s what I meant. She was uninsured at that point in time so would have been billed for thousands of dollars, some of which MAY have been negotiated down but since she was already emotionally devastated, negotiations were just not on her radar. Her doctor is the one that recommended the clinic and the office made all the arrangements. We just had to drive her there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top