Heaven is for Real seemed to do the opposite of its intentions

  • Thread starter Thread starter TrCastle7
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no horses in Heaven. The description of everything is far fetched. The Bible tells us that NO eye has seen nor ear has heard. God Bless, Memaw
So, no eye has seen nor ear has heard, but somebody has stated with authority that there are no horses in Heaven. Illogical.

The people and things that the boy claims he saw “in Heaven” cannot be made up things, except possibly the existence of horses. He described Jesus, complete with the nail scars. At that point of the boy’s life, he did not know that Jesus was crucified with nails through his hands and feet. He described how his grandfather looked when he was in his 30’s, even though the boy never saw his grandfather and had only seen a picture of him in his old age. He was never told of an unborn sister, but says that he met her in Heaven.

Personally, I believe that as part of His divine plan, God allows a select few people to experience a short time in Heaven through a NDE, and it is also a part of the plan that these people come back and describe it. It’s God’s way of combating atheism.

I know somebody who died in a car accident. She was pronounced dead, and came back the moment that her mother and a pastor walked into the emergency room. She was 18, not 3, and had attended church all her life, but when she described Heaven to me two years ago, over 90 percent of it matched up with what Colton claims to have seen, and it’s not stuff that is taught in church.

But the things that were talked about by Colton and this girl are just things. Experiencing other PEOPLE, the way they looked 20-30 years earlier, proves that there is a Heaven, and that believers go there when they die. Even if you think the minute details are corny, the underlying truth most definitely is not.
 
So, no eye has seen nor ear has heard, but somebody has stated with authority that there are no horses in Heaven. Illogical.

The people and things that the boy claims he saw “in Heaven” cannot be made up things, except possibly the existence of horses. He described Jesus, complete with the nail scars. At that point of the boy’s life, he did not know that Jesus was crucified with nails through his hands and feet. He described how his grandfather looked when he was in his 30’s, even though the boy never saw his grandfather and had only seen a picture of him in his old age. He was never told of an unborn sister, but says that he met her in Heaven.

Personally, I believe that as part of His divine plan, God allows a select few people to experience a short time in Heaven through a NDE, and it is also a part of the plan that these people come back and describe it. It’s God’s way of combating atheism.

I know somebody who died in a car accident. She was pronounced dead, and came back the moment that her mother and a pastor walked into the emergency room. She was 18, not 3, and had attended church all her life, but when she described Heaven to me two years ago, over 90 percent of it matched up with what Colton claims to have seen, and it’s not stuff that is taught in church.

But the things that were talked about by Colton and this girl are just things. Experiencing other PEOPLE, the way they looked 20-30 years earlier, proves that there is a Heaven, and that believers go there when they die. Even if you think the minute details are corny, the underlying truth most definitely is not.
No one here denies the existence of heaven. I have never seen a picture of my grandpa under the age of 60 and I have had dreams of him when he was young. Since the boy is only describing what he “saw” there is no way to make that claim.

I am curious though, why is the message not leading the boy, his father, or others to the Catholic Church? The Mass? Which is heaven meeting earth. Why is it so different than other visions that have indeed been miraculous. Like the dancing of the sun which lead more people to the Church and was indeed a bigger miracle than this. Or Fatima which also lead many to the faith. Or a host of other apparitions or visions that are deemed “Catholic”?

This, this is just a boy who is regurgitating his father’s message. My kids do that as well.

Compare and contrast this with say, Faustina. There was not only Jesus, but a rather complex message along with a gift (the image) and instructions. Same with Guadalupe. A message and a sign.

I can’t believe people believe this boy and this story.

Wait, Oprah has her own channel and Long Island Medium is an actual show on TV. Maybe I can believe it.

All messages and visions come with a responsibility and perhaps even a warning. This was all butterflies and rainbows “God is love” stuff. No direction, no repentance, no commission to do anything with the information.🤷 Except make a book and a movie… LOL
 
No one here denies the existence of heaven. I have never seen a picture of my grandpa under the age of 60 and I have had dreams of him when he was young. Since the boy is only describing what he “saw” there is no way to make that claim.

I am curious though, why is the message not leading the boy, his father, or others to the Catholic Church? The Mass? Which is heaven meeting earth. Why is it so different than other visions that have indeed been miraculous. Like the dancing of the sun which lead more people to the Church and was indeed a bigger miracle than this. Or Fatima which also lead many to the faith. Or a host of other apparitions or visions that are deemed “Catholic”?

This, this is just a boy who is regurgitating his father’s message. My kids do that as well.

Compare and contrast this with say, Faustina. There was not only Jesus, but a rather complex message along with a gift (the image) and instructions. Same with Guadalupe. A message and a sign.

I can’t believe people believe this boy and this story.

Wait, Oprah has her own channel and Long Island Medium is an actual show on TV. Maybe I can believe it.

All messages and visions come with a responsibility and perhaps even a warning. This was all butterflies and rainbows “God is love” stuff. No direction, no repentance, no commission to do anything with the information.🤷 Except make a book and a movie… LOL
AMEN, all this NDE stuff has been coming out of the woodwork so much in the past 50 years or so. NO one, absolutley NO ONE can say for sure what causes it. I wonder what St. John of the Cross would say to us now if he could speak. Oh wait, he did speak to us and warned us of getting involved in such stuff. I would be very cautious of following anything this day and age, when we have sooo much goofy stuff going on in our world. There’s sooo much to pray for, I think we could use our time much better for prayer and reparation. If the Church hasn’t approved it, stay away from it. God Bless, Memaw
 
I wonder who had more money because of their vision. The Children of Fatima, or this boy and his father.🤷
 
I read the book and just saw the movie last week. I liked the book better (as often is the case). The movies was pretty true to the book, but instead of being a story about a kid’s experience the movie became more of a drama of the kid’s experience.

Now, nobody can know for sure if the story is 100% authentic but I tend to believe it really happened or at least something similar happened.
 
I didn’t read the book and I thought the movie was awful. I didn’t really believe the boy. The family definitely were having financial problems.
The boy is now a young man and is even less convincing.
I get angry with movies like this that are supposed to make people all warm and fuzzy. There was no theology just a little boy telling cute stories about what he saw. It was very shallow.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top