M
mikekle
Guest
Well, typically I just expect God to come into my heart in ANY way he would like, so I can feel his presence (or the holy spirit for that matter), and/or ‘feel’ the added strength he gives to those that seek him out and ask him to come into their lives…Ive not even received this!! My level of being able to deal with temptations has not changed since I was about 15 yrs old, I would quickly notice if it changed too, so apparently God did not give me any extra strength in this regard…I really dont expect anything when I do pray, as I havent seen anything yet, but I guess I really should be expecting something…(shrugs?)I wonder what your expectation is from praying, fasting, crying, and begging? The Jews thought that the Messiah would bring material advantages to them. What God gives us is the gift of the Holy Spirit, which makes us capable of overcoming temptations. In fact the live of saints is difficult, for example from Mark 10: 29 Jesus answering, said: Amen I say to you, there is no man who hath left house or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or children, or lands, for my sake and for the gospel, 30 Who shall not receive an hundred times as much, now in this time; houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions: and in the world to come life everlasting.