Help in answering a NFP query from the Philipines

  • Thread starter Thread starter JRKH
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I do know is that in the US, where ABC is widely available there are, on average, 4000 children killed every day by abortion. I would hate to see this butchery happen in the Philipines.
I’m sorry about what is happening in the US. Thank you for your concern about Philippines.

God bless you and your family.
 
dear sinnerdexter:

I myself have struggle with this issues of using condoms with my husband. After much prayer and counseling I now understand what is sinful about it. We should be able to share our love completely, using a condom shares just the act of sex and not the whole beauty of the act.

NFP is a beautiful way to share your cycle with your partner, it even creates better relationships. It is something that both partners need to learn and practice, it is not complicated and it is easy to do. The church allows us to avoid children when we can’t have them and have them when we want them. This form of “contraception” is the only one allowed by church and we need to be obedient to it even if we do not like it.

I’ll pray for you that God will give you the wisdom to understand His plans and His rules. Sometimes the most convenient way is not the right way.

God Bless
 
I cannot think of a more dangerous idea to ones soul than to “compartmentalize (ones)religious and secular views”!!!

The greatest commandment is:
YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND. (Mt 22:36-40).
Does this sound like a commandment that wishes us to place God in a compartment seperate from our “secular views”???
Does this mean that we can “Love God” completely and then ignore His Church’s teachings on contraception AND/OR Chastity?
While I agree with biblical commands to love, I think secularism is not a dangerous idea. It is in fact the most ideal because secularism is inclusive, it embraces everybody and everyone. It includes religion, science, philosophy… everything. Secularism promotes the competition of the best ideas.
 
I don’t agree with what you are saying. In my view poverty is not the cause of corruption but the result of it.
There are not too many people in this country. Its the corrpuption preventing resources being available to help the poor.
How about genocide?

Assuming we reach a “comfortable” population level after a purge what are the chances of the Philippines becoming a first world country in 20 years? Are development plans already in place? Are targets and objectives set and are known by the people to follow? If none, were just in a state of wishful thinking.

Korea achieved progress in 20 years. Italy sustained it for so long. Let us presume that the progress is not particularly due to religion and population control. The last time I checked, Korea has been into shipbuilding since time-in-memoriam. The Koreans build ships, the Filipinos man the ships.

The last time I checked, too, Michelangelo and Leonardo are Italians. Italians make works of art; the Filipinos keep them dust free.

Progressive and not-so-progressive nations complement each other. I would appreciate your thoughts on this. Thanks.
 
How about genocide?

Assuming we reach a “comfortable” population level after a purge what are the chances of the Philippines becoming a first world country in 20 years? Are development plans already in place? Are targets and objectives set and are known by the people to follow? If none, were just in a state of wishful thinking.

Korea achieved progress in 20 years. Italy sustained it for so long. Let us presume that the progress is not particularly due to religion and population control. The last time I checked, Korea has been into shipbuilding since time-in-memoriam. The Koreans build ships, the Filipinos man the ships.

The last time I checked, too, Michelangelo and Leonardo are Italians. Italians make works of art; the Filipinos keep them dust free.

Progressive and not-so-progressive nations complement each other. I would appreciate your thoughts on this. Thanks.
I earlier commented that in my opinion poverty in the Philippines is not the cause of corruption but rather the result of corruption and unless corruption is stamped out there will never be resources to lift people out of poverty nor will the country progress economically.
Forgive me but I really don’t understand your point. What are you asking me relative to my comments.
 
While I agree with biblical commands to love, I think secularism is not a dangerous idea. It is in fact the most ideal because secularism is inclusive, it embraces everybody and everyone. It includes religion, science, philosophy… everything. Secularism promotes the competition of the best ideas.
I was so intrigued by this response that I felt it needed it’s own thread.
So I started one HERE

Peace
James
 
I earlier commented that in my opinion poverty in the Philippines is not the cause of corruption but rather the result of corruption and unless corruption is stamped out there will never be resources to lift people out of poverty nor will the country progress economically.
Forgive me but I really don’t understand your point. What are you asking me relative to my comments.
Relative to your comments on corruption as root cause of poverty, I thought the mentality has something to do with it. Look at the mentality of other nationalities that makes them better compared to Filipino. If there are anomalies in the government, they cover them up and do whatever it takes to stay in power. The recent Supreme Court ruling that those who filed Certificate of Candidacy (CoC) is a classic example of kapit-tuko mentality (addiction to power). Most cabinet official refused to step down until a petition is filed and the ruling is considered final and executory.

If that is the mentality of the people in the government, what can we expect on the mentality of the ordinary people?

We are on track but sorry if I took a detour. :banghead:
 
Artificial contraceptives are like jeepney in the province that has something to do with the economy. Although the engine was originally designed to carry efficiently only a specified weight as load, jeepney body builders make it in such a way that it can accommodate extra passengers and cargo, in the back, up front, on the sides and up on the roof. The jeepney operator might make a little more money from extra fares but in reality the results are really not acceptable to other people, especially to those who know about safety, passenger comfort, anti-pollution standards, and preventive maintenance. In the long run, the practice is not economically viable, lessens the value of life, and contributes badly to the environment. It is bad engineering. But, you see, the jeepney body builders create the conditions that promote that mode of transportation and since the people have no other choice, they promote it and they have come to a point where they don’t care anymore even if the conditions are to their disadvantage and detriment. It has become the norm.

An overloaded engine is not an efficient engine.
 
Artificial contraceptives are like jeepney in the province that has something to do with the economy. Although the engine was originally designed to carry efficiently only a specified weight as load, jeepney body builders make it in such a way that it can accommodate extra passengers and cargo, in the back, up front, on the sides and up on the roof. The jeepney operator might make a little more money from extra fares but in reality the results are really not acceptable to other people, especially to those who know about safety, passenger comfort, anti-pollution standards, and preventive maintenance. In the long run, the practice is not economically viable, lessens the value of life, and contributes badly to the environment. It is bad engineering. But, you see, the jeepney body builders create the conditions that promote that mode of transportation and since the people have no other choice, they promote it and they have come to a point where they don’t care anymore even if the conditions are to their disadvantage and detriment. It has become the norm.

An overloaded engine is not an efficient engine.
Frankly - I don’t get the connection. Unless it is that you are trying to say that ABC methods are more efficient than NFP methods, which may well be the case.
However it still does not prove that ABC’s constitute “better engineering” for, at least in our experience here, ABC contribute to other kinds of “polution”.

Peace
James
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top