Help Restore Free Speech to Church Pulpits!

• Thread starter Thread starter buffalo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kerry supported the culture of death to a much greater extent than Bush. I can’t find any reason for supporting Kerry.

40.png
buffalo:
Attack on SS?
Extensive revisions, then? I note that many Republicans, not only Dems, question the need for the extent of Bush’s plans for the program.

40.png
Richardols:
Extensive revisions, then? I note that many Republicans, not only Dems, question the need for the extent of Bush’s plans for the program.
Will you list these extensive revisions please?

40.png
fix:
Kerry supported the culture of death to a much greater extent than Bush. I can’t find any reason for supporting Kerry.
And so you didn’t vote for him. The reasons why people voted for one or the other were quite varied and didn’t all depend on their pro-life positions.

40.png
buffalo:
Will you list these extensive revisions please?
I’m not entering into a debate about Social Security. I (and many others) believe that the system needs adjustment, but not the changes Bush proposes. You no doubt disagree. Fine.

40.png
Richardols:
And so you didn’t vote for him. The reasons why people voted for one or the other were quite varied and didn’t all depend on their pro-life positions.
Right, and that is part of the problem.

40.png
Richardols:
I’m not entering into a debate about Social Security. I (and many others) believe that the system needs adjustment, but not the changes Bush proposes. You no doubt disagree. Fine.
I think this is what some refer to as a hit and run. I was asking for a list of these extensive revisions you claim. Back it up.

40.png
fix:
Right, and that is part of the problem.
Part of the problem? I think that the varied reasons people chose to vote for one or the other is a strength - that neither man was seen as a one issue candidate.

40.png
buffalo:
I think this is what some refer to as a hit and run. I was asking for a list of these extensive revisions you claim. Back it up.
I said that I wan’t going to debate SS. If you were personally offended by my use of the term “extensive revisions,” I apologize and hope you were assuaged by my subsequent use of the term “changes Bush proposes.”

40.png
Richardols:
Part of the problem? I think that the varied reasons people chose to vote for one or the other is a strength - that neither man was seen as a one issue candidate.
The problem being so many think less important issues are equal to, or more important than, life issues.

40.png
fix:
The problem being so many think less important issues are equal to, or more important than, life issues.
Well, perhaps they have a broader view of “life issues” than you do. And would you fault a pro-abortion Republican for voting for Mr. Bush because he had other issues of more importance to him?

40.png
Richardols:
Well, perhaps they have a broader view of “life issues” than you do. And would you fault a pro-abortion Republican for voting for Mr. Bush because he had other issues of more importance to him?
My view is the Vatican’s view.

I would fault anyone who voted for a candidate becuase they agreed with them on any anti life issue.

40.png
fix:
My view is the Vatican’s view.

I would fault anyone who voted for a candidate becuase they agreed with them on any anti life issue.
Fine. I think you would have better said that the Vatican’s view is your view as it is more likely that you follow what the Vatican says than that it follows you, but I think I understand what you meant.

In any case, “the Vatican’s view” isn’t much coin outside Catholicism and non-Catholic pro-abortion voters would hardly have been rejected by Mr. Bush.

40.png
Richardols:
Fine. I think you would have better said that the Vatican’s view is your view as it is more likely that you follow what the Vatican says than that it follows you, but I think I understand what you meant.
To be accurate, my view and the Vatican’s teaching are the same. It is not false to say my view is the Vatican’s view. One may interpret it as they choose.
In any case, “the Vatican’s view” isn’t much coin outside Catholicism and non-Catholic pro-abortion voters would hardly have been rejected by Mr. Bush.
That may be true, but how does it relate to this discussion?

40.png
fix:
That may be true, but how does it relate to this discussion?
I said what I said in connection with your statement that many think that less important issues are equal to life issues.

Depends on what an individual considers “life issues” and how one ranks them. There are those who would consider the epidemic of AIDS deaths in Africa, for example, as more important than stem cell research, going by the number of deaths in each case.

40.png
Richardols:
I said what I said in connection with your statement that many think that less important issues are equal to life issues.

Depends on what an individual considers “life issues” and how one ranks them. There are those who would consider the epidemic of AIDS deaths in Africa, for example, as more important than stem cell research, going by the number of deaths in each case.
OK, but both candidates were against AIDS and AIDS deaths. One was for embryonic stem cell research and one against.

40.png
fix:
OK, but both candidates were against AIDS and AIDS deaths. One was for embryonic stem cell research and one against.
You are referring to the presidential candidates, I presume. I wasn’t being specific to any particular election or candidate, but speaking generally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back