Help with Confession/Masterbation

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dragon254
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I really sympathise with you, I went through a very dark time while I did all these things also. I had a very hard time being able to go to confession about this. Eventually I went in and made a good confession about all these things and felt so much better for I was in the grace of God. I would strongly recommend that you go to your local Catholic Church and find out when the next confession times are. This should not wait. Do not wait until next year. You have to remember that you are confessing your sins to God and not the priest. There is no sin of yours that God cannot forgive.

You have to know that masturbation and looking at pornography is a mortal sin. You also have to know that there are three conditions that have to be met to commit a mortal sin.
  1. Full knowledge of what you are doing
  2. Deliberate consent
  3. And it must be a grave matter
Do not try to use these as a way out you still have to go to confession:).
I used to be in the exact same boat as you before. You must pray to God to help you with this. And come back to his Church. God loves you and he wants you to come to him. After going to confession(** do not receive communion while under mortal sin**) go to mass and receive communion for the body and soul of*** Christ*** will help you with your problems. Confess your sins and in return for God forgiving your sins, be the best Catholic you can be!

Remember you have to think as this as your cross to bear at this time in your life.
I will be praying for you. God Bless!

catholicscomehome.org/former-Catholic.phtml
newadvent.org/cathen/11618c.htm
catholic.org/prayers/confession.php
 
If your worried about the priest revealing your confession to people this will not happen. If he were to break the seal of confession he would be excommunicated from the Church. Only the Pope himself would be able to lift it.
 
As I have seen mentioned in earlier posts, the priest will not be shocked. I’m quite certain he’s heard such things before…confess and I know you’ll feel A LOT better. :cool:

Telling your mom and posting this issue online for everyone to see tells me you’re prepared to confess. Best of Luck!

Peace be with. :highprayer:
he is right you are ready!
 
Remember the priest stands in as the person of Christ. (personachristi). If you want a valid confession, NEVER hold anything back. Dont be afraid and dont beat around the bush. Just tell the priest you committed masterbation. Believe me most men battle with this sin, and I’m sure the priests hear this on a daily basis. Keep fighting the good fight of the faith. God bless and take care.
 
Hello Everybody, masterbation for me has been a journey that I will never forget. I kept on having fantasies and deceiving myself when it came to seeking forgiveness and not meaning my words. Please trust the Lord and believe that you are forgiven. The Lord loves you and only desires the best for you. Daniel.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top