Help with non-Catholic girlfriend

• Thread starter Thread starter montanaman
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I grew up in a mixed marriage and from my experience it doesn’t work and in the end it’s the children that suffer! I never knew which faith to claim and did not receive sacifiments in either b/c of it. My husband is a devote catholic so when it came to marriage and children either I went. Catholic or we parted ways. To due the fact I wasn’t strong in either faith I agreed to convert and raise our children catholic. I feel it is important for children to be raised in a single faith home. If your gf is not strong in one faith maybe she will see this important to your future life and family. Please remember this is the make or break stuff so stand your ground and if it meant to be it will come to pass.

Montanaman,

I think you got some good advice here, but I’d also like to add a few thoughts.
These break-up and make-up, stormy and passionate relationships don’t really work out. I’ve had a couple and now I wish that I left those guys at early stages, rather than go on for years, wondering about the meaning of everything and suffering and constantly expecting another storm.
The hostility can be so sexy and exciting but in the end it wears people down, the feelings change and the relationship rarely matures.
When I reached my late 20s I made a decision to only date men who are good for me. I met a nice guy and our relationship was different to my previous ones. we have now been married for 2 years, have a baby and are happy. It’s not the most exciting relationship ever but we are compatible, we love each other and there is no drama.

This is the thing that marks a healthy relationship: no drama. Things work out, differences are sorted without dramatic breakups and make-ups. It is simply easy. Even when we argue things are ok afterwards and we still feel it is easy to be together. Many of my friends who had bad relationships in the past but ended up marrying the right guy say the same thing. Easy and comfortable and nice.

You hinted that there is something going on and that you two might end up apart. You know, this situation might be the answer. Sometimes people just drift apart and it turns out it was for the best. Or they stay together cos it’s meant to be. You’ll find out in any case. it’s a great opportunity to get into prayer more seriously and to grow closer to God.

Oh, btw, what is this attitude that you’ll end up lonely, miserable and not interested in catholic women and the girl will go out with musicians and have a blast? Whatever. 😃 You can’t predict what will happen. You sound like a nice guy and there will be women happy to snatch you up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back