F
Flamingo
Guest
I am 16 years old and have never been in a serious dating relationship (or any legitimate relationship at all, for that matter).
I don’t feel pressured to be in a relationship. I **like ** that I’m able to have pure friendships with boys. The boys that I am close friends with respect me as their Sister in Christ and I appreciate it very much.
In summery, I’m not necessarily looking for a dating relationship. But if the possibility arises where I’d like to date someone, I’d feel unsure about the situation as a whole. I just don’t see the purpose of typical high school dating as a young Catholic who has no intention of marrying until a later age.
I’m just so young that dating seems so pointless. I’ve always viewed dating as a precursor to marriage. Every date is a potential mate is a phrase I stand by.
But if I ever would want to date someone while still in high school, would it be ok? How would I go about doing that while still holding strong faith?
Regardless, it just all seems to lack a purpose.
Would you please share with your experiences from when you my age and beyond and any advice you have for me?
I don’t feel pressured to be in a relationship. I **like ** that I’m able to have pure friendships with boys. The boys that I am close friends with respect me as their Sister in Christ and I appreciate it very much.
In summery, I’m not necessarily looking for a dating relationship. But if the possibility arises where I’d like to date someone, I’d feel unsure about the situation as a whole. I just don’t see the purpose of typical high school dating as a young Catholic who has no intention of marrying until a later age.
I’m just so young that dating seems so pointless. I’ve always viewed dating as a precursor to marriage. Every date is a potential mate is a phrase I stand by.
But if I ever would want to date someone while still in high school, would it be ok? How would I go about doing that while still holding strong faith?
Regardless, it just all seems to lack a purpose.
Would you please share with your experiences from when you my age and beyond and any advice you have for me?