E
estesbob
Guest
I had the same questionExcuse me, maybe I’m old, senile and blind but where the hell did you get this?!?!?!?!![]()
I had the same questionExcuse me, maybe I’m old, senile and blind but where the hell did you get this?!?!?!?!![]()
Check the second post in the thread, perhaps?Excuse me, maybe I’m old, senile and blind but where the hell did you get this?!?!?!?!![]()
I don’t care how someone got it. No one deserves this terrible disease, and shame on people who think somehow those who got it “earned it”. No, I’m not in favor of drug use or homosexuality activity, but it’s a horrible disease that needs to be eradicated.
Excuse me, maybe I’m old, senile and blind but where the hell did you get this?!?!?!?!![]()
The second post said nothing about anyone that “earned it.” It said thisCheck the second post in the thread, perhaps?
My father has COPD. He smoked for 40 years. It is the price he paid. Did he earn COPD? No. Could he have avoided it? Yep.That’s the price of sexual “freedom.”
Huh?So, if as studies show they are not getting it from heterosexaul vaginal sex where are they getting it?
Actually, it doesn’t. As the graph shows, at one time intravenous drug use was the second leading cause of HIV infection, but that is no longer true.Which makes my point-AIDS is primarily contracted through homosexual behavior and intraveneous drug use.
I guess you can get it from sharing a cup after all then?So, if as studies show they are not getting it from heterosexaul vaginal sex where are they getting it?
Heterosexual AIDS in North America was pretty much a politically motivated myth, devoid of any science backing it up.Which makes my point-AIDS is primarily contracted through homosexual behavior and intraveneous drug use.
Morning-after pill handout causes rise in teenage sexual disease, study findsAbstinence programs don’t seem to work. A more robust education, including abstinence should be given. Teaching “safe sex” is important in this respect.
openeducation.net/2009/01/05/abstinence-only-sex-education-statistics-final-nail-in-the-coffin/
advocatesforyouth.org/publications/623?task=view
You’re relying on outdated information. As the graph Lynx linked to shows, heterosexual transmission became the second leading cause of AIDS a few years ago.Homosexual sex, and anal sex in particular, and sharing needles are the main modes of transmission of the virus.
Actually abstinence is the only method that is 100% effective.Abstinence programs don’t seem to work. A more robust education, including abstinence should be given. Teaching “safe sex” is important in this respect.
I think you’re confusing two points here-abstinence 100% prevents the transmission of sexual diseases, but teaching abstinence does not produce 100% abstinence. And I have actually witnessed classes in public schools where safe sex is taught, and I have always seen “abstinence is the only 100% method of preventing pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases” as the first thing mentioned, and it has been mentioned repeatedly.Actually abstinence is the only method that is 100% effective.
It was the 90s equivalent of the Global Warming hoax. A myth created soley to squeeze funds out of the govt and promote a left wing politcial agenda.Heterosexual AIDS in North America was pretty much a politically motivated myth, devoid of any science backing it up.
It was a way to tap into greater funding by making it appear to be in everybodies self-interest to give.
Homosexual sex, and anal sex in particular, and sharing needles are the main modes of transmission of the virus.
Reminds me of cartoon I saw once. A Dr is talking to a young women in the examining room. The caption is “Yes M’am you can indeed contract a STD in a public restroom so i suggest you quit having sex in them”I guess you can get it from sharing a cup after all then?
Charming.Excuse me, maybe I’m old, senile and blind but where the hell did you get this?!?!?!?!![]()
The graph shows homosexuals AIDS on the rise and proves, once again that the disease is almost excusviely contracted through Anal sex and intraveneous drug use. Since such drugh use is much hgher among lower income levels so it is no surprise that AIDS is more prevalent among African Amercans and Hispanics.You’re relying on outdated information. As the graph Lynx linked to shows, heterosexual transmission became the second leading cause of AIDS a few years ago.
That graph shows that IV drug use, as a transmission route, leveled off some time ago. However, heterosexual transmission and homosexual transmission have been increasing at the same rate.
AIDS is the end stage of HIV infection, so that graph reflects the history of the disease. A clearer picture of how HIV is being transmitted now can be seen in the most recent information:
cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/basic.htm#hivaidsexposure
In 2009, heterosexual transmission of HIV was occurring roughly twice as often as IV transmission, and about half as often as homosexual transmission.
The caution I would add is that heterosexual transmission is disproportionately occurring among African-Americans and Hispanics.
I didn’t know the left invented global warmingIt was the 90s equivalent of the Global Warming hoax. A myth created soley to squeeze funds out of the govt and promote a left wing politcial agenda.
You seem to offend easily. Where I counseled it was pirmarily teens from the local high school. The message they got was that sex was fine as long as you used a condom. And no one said you could not get AIDS via heterosexual contact-just that it was extremely rare. Most AIDS activists now admit that lives were lost becuase the message pushed in the 80s and 90s was that everyone was equally at risk instead of targeting the groups that were most at risk. In those days it was argued doing that was demonizing Homosexual and drug users. Lots of lives were lost as the result of this politicla correctness run amok.I think you’re confusing two points here-abstinence 100% prevents the transmission of sexual diseases, but teaching abstinence does not produce 100% abstinence. And I have actually witnessed classes in public schools where safe sex is taught, and I have always seen “abstinence is the only 100% method of preventing pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases” as the first thing mentioned, and it has been mentioned repeatedly.
I think a lot of people have a false image of these classes as being a teacher dumping a box of condoms on the table and saying “Okay kids, now you can have at it with no consequences!” when that is certainly not the case.
Also, I wonder how those heterosexuals who do have AIDS would feel if they were told that their disease was a politically motivated myth. That’s fairly offensive, I’d imagine.
You are the only one who used the words “deserved it” and “earned it”.Charming.
Take a look at the attitude some people have towards those with AIDS… Sometimes people come across as saying those with HIV/AIDS “deserve” what they get due to behavior.
If it’s not you-great, if it si, then your in my prayers.
Alright, I get the “angry face”. You win, you win.You are the only one who used the words “deserved it” and “earned it”.![]()
Are we talking about the same graph?The graph shows homosexuals AIDS on the rise and proves, once again that the disease is almost excusviely contracted through Anal sex and intraveneous drug use.