V
vsedriver
Guest
I’ve never seen our altar servers hold hands but some in the congregation do. I hold hands with my family. If someone reaches for my hand I will hold hands with them. I don’t see it as a huge error or dangerous liturgical wrong.
I often hear that people feel isolated and unwelcome at Mass. Making a little physical contact can be very welcoming. But I don’t initiate it because I don’t want to make those who don’t like it uncomfortable. Likewise I won’t embarrass someone by refusing to hold their hand.
I shake the hands of strangers so why not hold the hand of a fellow parishioner?
I often hear that people feel isolated and unwelcome at Mass. Making a little physical contact can be very welcoming. But I don’t initiate it because I don’t want to make those who don’t like it uncomfortable. Likewise I won’t embarrass someone by refusing to hold their hand.
I shake the hands of strangers so why not hold the hand of a fellow parishioner?