I am so sorry for your loss, looks like many have answered your questions you laid out. I want say I suffer from mental illness myself. I do not have same sex attraction but 5 years ago I had a depressive episode that almost took my life.
I just want to say depression is more complicated than a single reason for it. It’s a sickness in and of itself. I don’t mean to down play the persecution of homosexuals, I just want to to illuminate her self perception at the time of her suicide. I’ve shared what I’m about to share with a friend who also survived a depressive episode and he felt like it was accurate to his experience.
When you are in a depressive episode it’s more than a negative belief or thought about yourself you begin to live in a reality where you are evil, you are worthless, you are incapable, you are hopeless, you are beyond reconciliation and you are beyond repair, I am here to tell you this is not the one true reality, but for one with depression these things become indistinguishable from truth.
And if the depression remains untreated the depressed no longer sees value to their life and kill themselves thus alleviating loved ones of the burden they have perceived themselves to be.
Depression is an illness, one that I’ve been treating for 5 years with medication, therapy, psych visits, and paying very close attention to self care areas including prayer and eating habits.
God bless.