Homosexuals don't expect new era under Pope Benedict XVI

• Thread starter Thread starter Binney
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
fix:
If there are groups who constantly, and obstinately, deny the authority of the Church, why do they stay?
Because deep down inside, where they can’t even recognize it (written on their hearts) they know the Church has the fullness of truth which is what every heart seeks. Their hearts cry for truth and their minds won’t give it to them.

40.png
legeorge:
The only ones who think we are *not * welcoming are the ones who stubbornly refuse to accept the Church’s teachings. They think we are picking on them or calling them evil.
Do you really think that they believe this? Or are just using this rhetoric to get attention?

wisdom 3:5:
Do you really think that they believe this? Or are just using this rhetoric to get attention?
I think it may be a little of both.

wisdom 3:5:
I think many dissidents use the rhetoric to get sympathy to their cause. If they can become victims instead of perpetrators, they hope to rally others to their cause. Whether homosexual or females wanting to be priests, they utilize the collective guilt of a society that marginalized others unjustly (African Americans for example) to build their case. Unfortunately too many people swallow it hook line and sinker

Lisa N

40.png
legeorge:
I think we agree completely on this issue. My only problem is that I think the Church does welcome all people, homosexual ones included. The only ones who think we are *not *welcoming are the ones who stubbornly refuse to accept the Church’s teachings. They think we are picking on them or calling them evil. This simply isn’t true. However, how do we change the perception of these people without changing the teachings of the Church? It seems like a no win situation. Do you kind of understand what I am getting at? How do you welcome people who only want to be welcomed on their own terms?
My friend i think we agree completely and have the same apprehensions on the subject. i understand what you are saying, and agree 100%

40.png
TarAshly:
My friend i think we agree completely and have the same apprehensions on the subject. i understand what you are saying, and agree 100%
Now if only we could figure out what to do about it!! 😃

40.png
LoneRanger:
Allen537]All of these liberals need to realize that the church is never going to change it’s teachings on morality. I think that the quicker they realize this,

what a truly christian statement for someone to make…
Am I right in assuming that you are being sarcastic? And if so would you please tell me why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back