hope

• Thread starter Thread starter third_servant
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like that sometimes too. I will pray for you. One thing is to get busy about feeling better about yourself. Find an activity or something oyu like to do and pursue it. Remember that all things pass in time.

T.I.M.E

Things I Must Endure

Spend some time in front of the Eucharist at Adoration. God will help you there.

I went to an interesting conference on hope, healing and forgiveness a few months ago led by the Oblates. The priest had a fascinating idea to impart on us:

Jesus is with you every moment of everyday. He is beside you always. He can be anywhere He wants, but chooses to be with you at all times. That means you are the most important person to Him and He loves you that much. Pretty powerful and hope inspiring thought.

In addition to prayer and adoration, get involved in some activity or organization that helps others. It’s amazing what that will do for your self image, plus God’s graces will abound.

40.png
geezerbob:
In addition to prayer and adoration, get involved in some activity or organization that helps others. It’s amazing what that will do for your self image, plus God’s graces will abound.
How can I help others if I cannot help myself? I’d be a hypocrite.

look into the eyes of a newborn…

buckets, and buckets of hope there…

The mere fact that one who feels worthless desires hope is a good sign. Make hope an act of the will, rather than a feeling that randomly strikes.

Keep praying: O my God, relying on your almighty power and infinite mercy and promises, I hope to obtain pardon for my sins, the help of your grace, and life everlasting, through the merits of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Redeemer.

Scott

40.png
LoneRanger:
look into the eyes of a newborn…

buckets, and buckets of hope there…
a newborn has someone to take care of them.

I don’t.

Scott Waddell:
The mere fact that one who feels worthless desires hope is a good sign. Make hope an act of the will, rather than a feeling that randomly strikes.
without hope, suicide is the only option and I’m trying not to do that.

that’s why I need hope.

40.png
third_servant:
How can I help others if I cannot help myself? I’d be a hypocrite.
We are all wounded healers. You should consider reading Interior Castles by St. Teresa of Avila. It’s her vision of how God sees us and how beautiful our souls are to Him. Regardless of how we feel about ourselves, it is an absolute truth that God loves each and every one of us just as we are. He loves you unconditionally. Getting that truth into our hearts is the tough part. St. Teresa’s book helps us realize that there is much, much more to us than what we see in the mirror and it is beautiful.

I will pray a rosary for you.

Blessings,

40.png
third_servant:
a newborn has someone to take care of them.

I don’t.
…i certaninly want to express to you that all of us here you and that you are in our prayers… i wish you peace, and most of all someone to share your world because you have something to offer… don’t get mired in the little things… keep your relationship with God alive, say a rosary every day… find things to do with others… take or accompany a senior citizen to church… some watch mass from their homes, and i am sure they feel the same loneliness and loss of hope that you feel…

you don’t have to be alone… you have many who care about you, and the best example of that, that i can see, are to caring people in CA forums… keep us close, we will help you…

Peace my friend…

suicide is not an option.
go to this site
samaritans.org/

There is nothing going on in your liife that you cannot work through. It juust takes time and a little faith that things will get better. I will pray for you but you need to take some action to help yourself. I understand your feelings of self hatred and being alone. The thing is you are not alone in how you feel. There are people out there with answers for you. Call the samaritans. If you say you have no hope then make the call because the hope you need may be on the other end of the phone.

I’ll pray for you but get some help-you are responsible for that, all of our praying will do nothing until you make the steps you need to do I’ll pray that you get the motivation to reach out

40.png
third_servant:
How does one gain hope when they feel so worthless?
You’ve expressed this before. I see you’ve removed it from your profile, though. That’s good news!

Why do you feel so worthless?

Count your blessings. God has graced you with soooo many graces!

You can see, hear, walk, eat. Go where you want when you want. You can laugh. Communicate. You can smell wonderful things like flowers, and a meal. You have nails to scratch an itch. You can drive. Make someone laugh. Pray to God, pray to the Saints, go to Adoration, go to mass, read the bible, read about the saints(all beause you are Catholic, which by the way is an AWESOME grace.)

There other graces, like having a green light when you are in a hurry. Some one opening a door for you when your hands are full. The list goes on and on because it is endless!

The most amazing thing is we can sin and God still gives us graces.

Look around. They are there! Even the small graces count. Have HOPE in God, who loves you dearly.

Peace,
Jen

Anyone heard from third_servant since this post?

I’m praying for him/her that they are ok. A post mentioning suicide and then the person never returns makes you wonder.

40.png
compactdiss:
Anyone heard from third_servant since this post?

I’m praying for him/her that they are ok. A post mentioning suicide and then the person never returns makes you wonder.
Not I, said the brown cow. I am so glad that you are praying for him/her. I will join in.

my Mother my Confidence,
Corinne

40.png
LoneRanger:
…i certaninly want to express to you that all of us here you and that you are in our prayers… i wish you peace, and most of all someone to share your world because you have something to offer…
Thanks, I appreciate it. At least people on earth care about temporal needs and are trying to help (with prayer) while I’m not sure if God cares about our temporal needs.
don’t get mired in the little things…
I’m mired in too many big things to do that.
keep your relationship with God alive,
I want to always be on God’s side, but these sufferings are too hard on me.
say a rosary every day…
If God says “no” to my prayers a rosary won’t help.
find things to do with others… take or accompany a senior citizen to church… some watch mass from their homes, and i am sure they feel the same loneliness and loss of hope that you feel…
I can’t help others, when I cannot help myself. I’d be a hypocrite.
you don’t have to be alone… you have many who care about you, and the best example of that, that i can see, are to caring people in CA forums… keep us close, we will help you…
I appreciate it. I don’t feel alone spiritually, but I do feel like God doesn’t care about my temporal needs.

40.png
Pentecost2005:
You’ve expressed this before. I see you’ve removed it from your profile, though. That’s good news!
Not good news. I had no choice. The moderators removed it.
Why do you feel so worthless?
I’ve been out of work 4 years and nobody wants to hire me. Prayer doesn’t work. God doesn’t care about my temporal needs.

I’m worthless because “ask and you shall receive” doesn’t apply to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back