hope

• Thread starter Thread starter third_servant
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Jenlyn:
Count your blessings. God has graced you with soooo many graces!
But has stopped. And taken away: my ability to work, my dad, my friends, my health, my ability to hope…
You can see, hear, walk, eat.
except at a job.
Go where you want when you want.
except to a job.
You can laugh. Communicate. You can smell wonderful things like flowers, and a meal.
not meaningful if I can’t get a job.
You have nails to scratch an itch.
I don’t. I bite my nails.
You can drive.
Who’s car? I don’t have one.
Make someone laugh.
I can’t laugh. I’m too depressed.
Pray to God, pray to the Saints,
Since God says “no” to all my prayers, this won’t work for me.
go to Adoration, go to mass, read the bible, read about the saints(all beause you are Catholic, which by the way is an AWESOME grace.)
I do this. It doesn’t help.
There other graces, like having a green light when you are in a hurry. Some one opening a door for you when your hands are full. The list goes on and on because it is endless!
All doors are closing.
Look around. They are there! Even the small graces count. Have HOPE in God, who loves you dearly.
Not enough to help me out temporally. Spiritually, he cares about us. Temporally? I don’t know, I am having trouble believing that.

40.png
compactdiss:
Anyone heard from third_servant since this post?

I’m praying for him/her that they are ok. A post mentioning suicide and then the person never returns makes you wonder.
I’m still here…for now. I wish I knew why God hates temporal needs - especially mine.

40.png
third_servant:
I’ve been out of work 4 years and nobody wants to hire me. Prayer doesn’t work. God doesn’t care about my temporal needs.

I’m worthless because “ask and you shall receive” doesn’t apply to me.
No one at all will hire you, for anything? I’m having job difficulties myself, but that seems a little extreme. No one can give you a job if you don’t ask for it. Are you willing to look for something OTHER than what you had been doing – even if it doesn’t pay much? What about temp agencies?

40.png
Pentecost2005:
No one at all will hire you, for anything? I’m having job difficulties myself, but that seems a little extreme. No one can give you a job if you don’t ask for it. Are you willing to look for something OTHER than what you had been doing – even if it doesn’t pay much? What about temp agencies?
Either I’m underqualified or “overqualified”

I’ve tried temp agencies: no jobs.

The IT market is dead. And God won’t help me.

But has stopped. And taken away: my ability to work, my dad, my friends, my health, my ability to hope…

Have you read Job from the bible?

except at a job.
except to a job.
not meaningful if I can’t get a job.
I think I get it. :D: Have you prayed to St. Joseph? What do you do?

I don’t. I bite my nails.
:rotfl: Me too, :D: but the thought is nice, isn’t

Have you seen a professional?

Since God says “no” to all my prayers, this won’t work for me.
I find that hard to believe. God loves you. He will NEVER turn His back on you! Only you can turn your back on him and He will still be standing there looking at your back. Face God and have hope in Him otherwise the devil will win.

All doors are closing.
That’s what the devil wants you to believe. Read Job, seek professional help. Jesus says “Knock and the door will be opened.” Jesus is not a liar. Have faith.

Not enough to help me out temporally. Spiritually, he cares about us. Temporally? I don’t know, I am having trouble believing that.True, God cares about us for the long haul. Our temporary crosses are ours to bear. If your cross is too heavy, which it sounds like it, pray for it to be lifted from you.

I shall say a rosary for you. I shall pray for your burden to be lifted and that the devils leave you alone.

Peace,
Jen

40.png
Jenlyn:
Have you read Job from the bible?
Yes. However, God talked to him. He hasn’t done that to me.
I think I get it. http://forum.catholic.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif: Have you prayed to St. Joseph? What do you do?
I did ask. God still said “NO” despite his intercession.
My field is Information technology, which is dead.
Have you seen a professional?
  1. I have no money for such things. 2) I don’t trust psychologists. They make up too much stuff for me to trust them.
I find that hard to believe. God loves you. He will NEVER turn His back on you! Only you can turn your back on him and He will still be standing there looking at your back. Face God and have hope in Him otherwise the devil will win.
So why does God keep saying “NO”? “Ask and you shall receive” doesn’t apply to me too?
All doors are closing.
That’s what the devil wants you to believe. Read Job, seek professional help. Jesus says “Knock and the door will be opened.” Jesus is not a liar. Have faith.
I knock in faith. No door opens up.
If your cross is too heavy, which it sounds like it, pray for it to be lifted from you.
God says “NO” so what am I supposed to do?
I shall say a rosary for you. I shall pray for your burden to be lifted and that the devils leave you alone.
Thanks, I need that.

Can’t afford professional help, call Catholic Charities. You need help, FIND someone you trust. Also talk to a priest you trust.

If God keeps saying NO, you must be looking in the wrong direction. “With God all things are possible.” Could it be time to change your field? Pray for discernment. Get a job in something to pull you through until your trained in another field.

Read Job again. When did God speak to Job? During his suffering or after?

Peace,
Jen

40.png
Jenlyn:
Can’t afford professional help, call Catholic Charities. You need help,
God won’t provide it. 😦
FIND someone you trust. Also talk to a priest you trust.
I tried that. No help.
If God keeps saying NO, you must be looking in the wrong direction. “With God all things are possible.”
If he won’t tell me what I’m supposed to do, how am I supposed to figure it out if he keeps it hidden? It must mean I am so worthless that God won’t bother to help.
Could it be time to change your field?
How? Can’t afford the training. Can’t afford relocation. I’m doomed.
Pray for discernment.
Tried that. God said “no” to that. I’m on my own in trying to figure things out.
Get a job in something to pull you through until your trained in another field.
Tried. Failed. Can’t get one.
Read Job again. When did God speak to Job? During his suffering or after?
Only after it was almost done.

If God had talked to Job before things would have been different. Didn’t he think Job would say “OK Lord, you said I should change this attitude, so it is done. I obey”
But nooooooooooo, gotta put the poor guy through tremendous suffering like he couldn’t learn it another way.

Makes God look sadistic. I don’t buy that viewpoint. Yet.

Hi Third Servant, SEEK YE FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND ALL OF HIS RIGHTIOUSNESS,AND ALL THESES THINGS SHALL BE ADDED UNTO YOU. Prayer moves the hand of God my friend. ASK AND IT SHALL BE GIVEN UNTO YOU. These promises are for you. Are you doing what He tells you?. Are you submitting,surrendering and yeilding to His Spirit? If not,then DO and you will see change in your life. Thats His promise. 👍 God Bless

40.png
third_servant:
If God had talked to Job before things would have been different. Didn’t he think Job would say “OK Lord, you said I should change this attitude, so it is done. I obey”
But nooooooooooo, gotta put the poor guy through tremendous suffering like he couldn’t learn it another way.
In the story, the devil asks God to torment him to show that Job would turn away from God and God lets him. When it wasn’t enough to take away things he asks to torment him physically. God also allows this.

Sadistic? No, I think not.

There are many people in this world and everyone’s cross is a different size and weight. There is a story, not sure where I heard it, that has a person asking, begging God to take away his cross, it is too heavy to bear. So Christ asks him which cross would you like? The person said that little one over there. Christ said, that little one over there is your cross. Put things into perspective. You don’t have a job but you have everything else, which you say you have nothing. Your very attitude may be holding you back from getting a job. No one wants to employ a person who negative and has nothing positive to say. You must put your best foot foward in interviews. Pretend if you don’t feel like it. Pretend to be positive. Pretend a smile and maybe, though you will deny it, one day it will be for real.

Peace,
Jen

I understand completely. Now I have not been in a position of not having a job for years, but I have been and still am in a very rough situation for almost 8 years. About 2 years ago, it got incredibly bad. I was extremely depressed and angry. I was also very scared and I felt hopeless. I am not out of it yet, but I am getting there. God has brought so much healing and grace in my life. I handle this problem so much better, although I have my moments still. THERE IS HOPE!!! I can vouch for that!

40.png
third_servant:
Either I’m underqualified or “overqualified”

I’ve tried temp agencies: no jobs.

The IT market is dead. And God won’t help me.
Then you need to find another market. And slandering God probably isn’t doing you any good, either.

40.png
SPOKENWORD:
Prayer moves the hand of God my friend. ASK AND IT SHALL BE GIVEN UNTO YOU. These promises are for you.
Then explain why he says no. Either God is breaking his promise or I’m so worthless that the promise doesn’t apply to me.
Are you doing what He tells you?. Are you submitting,surrendering and yeilding to His Spirit? If not,then DO and you will see change in your life. Thats His promise. 👍 God Bless
I do. But he still says no.

40.png
Jenlyn:
In the story, the devil asks God to torment him to show that Job would turn away from God and God lets him. When it wasn’t enough to take away things he asks to torment him physically. God also allows this.

Sadistic? No, I think not.
How is not allowing someone to torment someone sadistic?
There are many people in this world and everyone’s cross is a different size and weight. There is a story, not sure where I heard it, that has a person asking, begging God to take away his cross, it is too heavy to bear. So Christ asks him which cross would you like? The person said that little one over there. Christ said, that little one over there is your cross. Put things into perspective.
Other people’s sufferings don’t make me happy. I’m not sadistic.
You don’t have a job but you have everything else, which you say you have nothing. Your very attitude may be holding you back from getting a job. No one wants to employ a person who negative and has nothing positive to say. You must put your best foot foward in interviews. Pretend if you don’t feel like it. Pretend to be positive. Pretend a smile and maybe, though you will deny it, one day it will be for real.
HELLO! I DO THIS!

Do you think I am stupid? This is the only place I can vent. I have nobody else to vent my frustrations to. In interviews, and applications, I am positive, polished, professional, polite, and a bunch of other good things.

Doesn’t work.

Momofone:
I understand completely. Now I have not been in a position of not having a job for years, but I have been and still am in a very rough situation for almost 8 years. About 2 years ago, it got incredibly bad. I was extremely depressed and angry. I was also very scared and I felt hopeless. I am not out of it yet, but I am getting there. God has brought so much healing and grace in my life. I handle this problem so much better, although I have my moments still. THERE IS HOPE!!! I can vouch for that!
Past performance does not indicate a future guarantee

What happened to you is not guaranteed to happen to me.

Momofone:
Past performance is not a guarantee of future performance.

What happens to you is not a guarantee to me.

Why God allows such suffering without helping is beyond my ability to grasp.

40.png
Pentecost2005:
Then you need to find another market. And slandering God probably isn’t doing you any good, either.
I’m not slandering God. If God wanted to help HE WOULD HAVE DONE SO ALREADY!

If God wanted to help, he could take the slighest fraction of an afterthought to rescue me from my suffering after I’ve been begging him for so long.

But he says “NO”

I can’t find another market. I can’t afford schooling, and i’m not going into bankruptcy to borrow money to go to school and then be unable to pay.

How is not allowing someone to torment someone sadistic?
You missed the point. God was teaching us through that story that whatever happens to you, what ever the size of you cross, never loose your faith in God. Many saints would agree. Many saints prayed for trials so they could prove their love to God. Saints did not look at trials a bad thing. Instead as way of gaining graces in life and in eternal life.

You are missing out on the many graces God can give you. Your choice. You think God keeps saying no, but are you saying yes to him? What are you able to give up for God? If this is His test for you, how are you measuring up? To complain again and again only puts points in the devils pocket, regardless of how you feel, it is.

This might be a good time to write a list of all the times you have had God say no to you. I’m curious if you’d like to share.

Peace,
Jen

40.png
Jenlyn:
You missed the point. God was teaching us through that story that whatever happens to you, what ever the size of you cross, never loose your faith in God. Many saints would agree. Many saints prayed for trials so they could prove their love to God.
I can’t prove anything; I don’t have the strength to prove that I love God. I just am too weak. I can’t handle it. Why won’t God understand that???
but are you saying yes to him?
What does he want? He won’t tell me!!!
What are you able to give up for God?
God has taken away too much already. What does he want from me??
If this is His test for you, how are you measuring up? To complain again and again only puts points in the devils pocket, regardless of how you feel, it is.
Why won’t God just mark an “F” on this test since I obviously cannot handle it?
This might be a good time to write a list of all the times you have had God say no to you. I’m curious if you’d like to share.
Prayed for a job: HUNDREDS OF TIMES. No.
Prayed for “what do you want from me” No.
Prayed for money. No.

Obviously what I want is evil.
Obviously I am so worthless that God doesn’t want to help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back