How can it be "Heaven" if you can't be with the ones you love?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Enodios
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Enodios

Guest
An interesting dilemma has occurred to me, and I find it quite troubling.

Imagine If I was granted admittance to Heaven, but the people that I loved were somehow denied because of multiple possibilities.

Now how can it be “Heaven” for me, if the ones that I love are not around me? In this light, I feel I must somehow choose between my love for Jesus and my love for my fellow man. But this is ridiculous and goes against the teachings of Jesus. Regardless, I feel I am being pushed into this corner by the notion of what Heaven is.
 
An interesting dilemma has occurred to me, and I find it quite troubling.

Imagine If I was granted admittance to Heaven, but the people that I loved were somehow denied because of multiple possibilities.

Now how can it be “Heaven” for me, if the ones that I love are not around me? In this light, I feel I must somehow choose between my love for Jesus and my love for my fellow man. But this is ridiculous and goes against the teachings of Jesus. Regardless, I feel I am being pushed into this corner by the notion of what Heaven is.
They were not denied. Jesus made a way but It was their free will and they chose to reject Christ.
 
Trust us, you won’t be sad.

First, because without your physical brain…you won’t have any “memories” God doesn’t delibrately infuse…and second, because you will be with God. No need to worry. If they get what they deserve, you will be happy with that. You are think as humans do and not as God does.
 
This is one reason that led me to the conclusion that hell is not eternal if one is sorry after death- God is not bound by his own rules. I can not believe that a God of LOVE and MERCY would not let someone out of hell if they were sincerely sorry. I believe that at the General Judgement, all will be allowed to repent.
 
You will not be sad. No matter what happens, even If I don’t make it to heaven God will be just to condemn me. And I will accept it. (hopefully not)
 
An interesting dilemma has occurred to me, and I find it quite troubling.

Imagine If I was granted admittance to Heaven, but the people that I loved were somehow denied because of multiple possibilities.

Now how can it be “Heaven” for me, if the ones that I love are not around me? In this light, I feel I must somehow choose between my love for Jesus and my love for my fellow man. But this is ridiculous and goes against the teachings of Jesus. Regardless, I feel I am being pushed into this corner by the notion of what Heaven is.
Imagine If I was granted admittance to Heaven, but the people that I loved were somehow denied because of multiple possibilities. Now how can it be “Heaven” for me, if the ones that I love are not around me?

All the more reason to not hold back in admonishing the sinner to turn from their ways, especially if that sinner is a loved one.

In this light, I feel I must somehow choose between my love for Jesus and my love for my fellow man. But this is ridiculous and goes against the teachings of Jesus.

God is the source of all love, our being in Him and sharing fully in His Divine nature will be all we need. It is possible that if another human being refuses to listen to us and refuses to turn from sin. We must turn ourselves to God and pray for them.

Regardless, I feel I am being pushed into this corner by the notion of what Heaven is
 
But you must admit, that as human beings we are incapable of controlling who we love. That’s the huge facet I’m facing, am I so evil that I would say I love my fellow man more than G-d? Loving those that are around me now; who I can see and touch, rather than a being I only know about based on what others have told me?

Some say they can feel G-d within them, what about those that can’t? Because love is **uncontrollable **can G-d really fault me for not loving him as much as my fellow man, or even if I did not love him at all?
 
This is one reason that led me to the conclusion that hell is not eternal if one is sorry after death- God is not bound by his own rules. I can not believe that a God of LOVE and MERCY would not let someone out of hell if they were sincerely sorry. I believe that at the General Judgement, all will be allowed to repent.

None can repent, without God’s grace. And after death & judgement, we cannot receive the grace of repentance & conversion.​

I believe there is Hell precisely because I believe in God’s Love. It is God’s Love alone that makes it possible for us to reject Him. What would be unloving, is for God to force those who hate Him, & who prefer Hell itself to Him, to enter into Heaven. It would be a worse Hell than Hell itself. For God to do that, would be unspeakably cruel. He would be a worse devil than the devil. And God is no devil, but is infinitely kind & is Goodness itself. ##
 

None can repent, without God’s grace. And after death & judgement, we cannot receive the grace of repentance & conversion.​

I believe there is Hell precisely because I believe in God’s Love. It is God’s Love alone that makes it possible for us to reject Him. What would be unloving, is for God to force those who hate Him, & who prefer Hell itself to Him, to enter into Heaven. It would be a worse Hell than Hell itself. For God to do that, would be unspeakably cruel. He would be a worse devil than the devil. And God is no devil, but is infinitely kind & is Goodness itself. ##
Just because you don’t love or believe in G-d, doesn’t mean you hate him. Even if we hate someone, it is possible to let go of the hate. It is impossible to stop loving someone; for if you did, it was never love in the first place.
 
I think of my grandmother in this situation. She has been away from the sacraments for about 20 years (although I always invite her back when we are together). The past two years her response has always included something to the effect of her Jewish husband. The thinking is that since he doesn’t believe in heaven, they couldn’t be together.

I am not suggesting I know where their eternity will be spent. Still it saddens me because the love they have here is of God, since God is Love. There is no love in hell and it will not comfort either of them to be together there.

The flip side is that Love is all there is in Heaven. I would guess that being so in union with God, we would recognize the decision that our “loved ones” made and our feelings regarding their eternal loss will line up with God’s feelings on the matter.
 
am I so evil that I would say I love my fellow man more than G-d? …
Some say they can feel G-d within them…
can G-d really fault me for not loving him as much as my fellow man, or even if I did not love him at all?
Did you intentionally not to spell out the word “God”?

To you, the word “Heaven” seems to have a whole different meaning than the real “Heaven” that we all want to be in. It is not “Heaven” for material need, flesh desire, but for our soul.

Do you believe there is soul? Do you believe in God?
These questions might help others to help you understand more about God.
 
How could it be heaven if the ones you loved were forced by God against their will to be in heaven?

And how could it be heaven if the ones you loved were in heaven even though they hate God, who will certainly be in heaven the one you love most of all. Can you imagine heaven filled with people who hate God, whom you will love above all?
 
Just because you don’t love or believe in G-d, doesn’t mean you hate him. Even if we hate someone, it is possible to let go of the hate. It is impossible to stop loving someone; for if you did, it was never love in the first place.
In the end, though, it will come down to those who love God and those who hate Him. And we will find that many who said they didn’t believe still loved Him by their actions, and many who said they believed still hated Him by their actions.
 
An interesting dilemma has occurred to me, and I find it quite troubling.

Imagine If I was granted admittance to Heaven, but the people that I loved were somehow denied because of multiple possibilities.

Now how can it be “Heaven” for me, if the ones that I love are not around me? In this light, I feel I must somehow choose between my love for Jesus and my love for my fellow man. But this is ridiculous and goes against the teachings of Jesus. Regardless, I feel I am being pushed into this corner by the notion of what Heaven is.
I’m sure God knows how much you care for your loved ones. It’s an interesting temptation to feel like you must pick one or the other. Maybe you should pray for the souls of your loved ones. God loves them also. Your loyalty in the end should be to God.

-D
 
An interesting dilemma has occurred to me, and I find it quite troubling.

Imagine If I was granted admittance to Heaven, but the people that I loved were somehow denied because of multiple possibilities.

Now how can it be “Heaven” for me, if the ones that I love are not around me? In this light, I feel I must somehow choose between my love for Jesus and my love for my fellow man. But this is ridiculous and goes against the teachings of Jesus. Regardless, I feel I am being pushed into this corner by the notion of what Heaven is.
If you are in heaven you will not be sad. You will be surrounded by christians anyway. Look at it this way. If you go to hell with the rest of your family, you will not be with them there either. The bible says in hell we are utterly alone. So, I would certainly choose heaven and work on them here before they die and it is too late. Pray for their salvation and constantly show them who Jesus is by your loving behavior. Stand out like a light and they will wonder what you have and hopefully want it too.😃
 
Hi again,
I had another thought. I got sidetracked by my neighbor who came over to show us their new puppy(She is adorable:D ). If any of your loved ones die before you and unfortunately end up in hell(God forbid hopefully)–Do you think they would want you there? NOOOOO. They would want you in heaven.👍
 
An interesting dilemma has occurred to me, and I find it quite troubling.

Imagine If I was granted admittance to Heaven, but the people that I loved were somehow denied because of multiple possibilities.

Now how can it be “Heaven” for me, if the ones that I love are not around me? In this light, I feel I must somehow choose between my love for Jesus and my love for my fellow man. But this is ridiculous and goes against the teachings of Jesus. Regardless, I feel I am being pushed into this corner by the notion of what Heaven is.
The Commandment before Christ and after was to “Love God with all your heart, and all your mind, and all your soul” and to love your neighbor as yourself.

If you are loving God in the way one was told to love God, then the ones you love will be all around you in Heaven, won’t they?
 
If you go to hell with the rest of your family, you will not be with them there either. The bible says in hell we are utterly alone. So, I would certainly choose heaven and work on them here before they die and it is too late. Pray for their salvation and constantly show them who Jesus is by your loving behavior. Stand out like a light and they will wonder what you have and hopefully want it too.😃
Good points.
 
This is one reason that led me to the conclusion that hell is not eternal if one is sorry after death- God is not bound by his own rules. I can not believe that a God of LOVE and MERCY would not let someone out of hell if they were sincerely sorry. I believe that at the General Judgement, all will be allowed to repent.
Sorry but you are mistaken. God cannot go against His Word. The word says that first comes death then the judgement.Once you die its to late to repent. He made a way so that one doesnt have to go to hell. People either recieve or reject Christ…But the good news is that God will still love the one that is judged to spend eternity in hell.😦
 
Sorry but you are mistaken. God cannot go against His Word. The word says that first comes death then the judgement.Once you die its to late to repent. He made a way so that one doesnt have to go to hell.
Hi, I agree, but I wonder if when God turns His back after the final judgement(lake of fire)He still loves them. After He throws people into the lake of fire and He turns His back on them, they experience the total lack of God’s presence. Hell right now they still have God slightly present but the lake of fire will be different , permanent.(After judgement day) I have never wondered that until you brought this up.:confused:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top