All I can tell you is this: If God indeed loves me, I’m not feeling it.
Seems like Job had the same problem. You’d think Job’s life was disposable, but then when God got done working him over he gave him a lot of stuff.
I’ve actually seen a pretty interesting parody of the Job story, put out by atheists. It gave a perspective on the whole thing that I was actually empathetic to the first time I heard the story. God the Father doesn’t make any sense to me, so I’ve quit trying to “please Him” and just do what He said for us to do from the voice in the cloud, to “listen to” His Son.
In John 14:5-13, Jesus was also evasive when He was asked to try to explain the Father in human terms. Seems like He pretty much told them to quit worrying about trying to figure out the Father – just do what Jesus says, and that’s the best thing to do. Everything else is a mystery that I really can’t explain but you’ll just have to live as I say and hopefully you will find out and be born of the spirit, and enter the kingdom – in which case the feeling of abandonment from God subsides IMO.
John 14:5-13
5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really know me, you will know** my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”
8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”
9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.**