E
erik_none
Guest
Is there a way to show respect to the Saints and Mother Mary after we speak there name? Much in the same way Muslims do for their prophets?
Same goes with me, although in private prayer I often feel moved to prefix ‘Saint’ with something like ‘Dear’ or ‘Loving’.Hi Erik,
I usually just address them with the title of “Saint” in front of their name, when praying to them. I have not been aware of any other way of addressing them, when praying to them.
Thank you. But that I understand. I’m meaning for after their name is said, i.e., “Saint Pio, ______, pray for us.” Like can we say anything like, peace be upon him, peace be with him, etc. etc…Saint…
Nothing that one must say, but if you read different litanies you might find phrases that laud an attribute of the saint, although St. Joseph is the only one that comes to mind. Here is a litany to saint Joseph alone, so you can see what I mean.Thank you for your replies. But I was meaning after we say their name. Like how Muslims say the prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him. Is there such a thing for the Saints?
Like the previous poster, there can be extra things said after their names, but that is on an individual basis on whether it applies to the saint. Even then, this is not the norm in the Christian tradition it seems.Thank you. But that I understand. I’m meaning for after their name is said, i.e., “Saint Pio, ______, pray for us.” Like can we say anything like, peace be upon him, peace be with him, etc. etc…