In my hast to not go into something that could be off topic I didn’t explain everything. Children would go with their mothers. Jesus being 12 was at an in between age. Joseph would still be thinking of Him as a child who would travel with His mother and Mary would expect Him to be traveling with the men.
Terrible lack of communication between the parents!
:tsktsk: Why do you have to make it a personal attack
Not a personal attack

Merely an observation based upon the fact
It seems that because you do not provide a valid reason that I am being discourteous?
I believe i did provide a valid reason! It may not have ticked all your boxes, but that does not make it invalid
You calling the fact that Mary remained always virgin a man made doctrine is courteous?
My calling the doctrine of ever virgin, man made, is neither courteous nor discourteous, it is factual! There is no explicit evidence in scripture to support it.
You calling the doctrine a fact is discourteous to truth, as it is merely fiction.
When I get something valid that would explain why Mary said she was virgin so how could she get pregnant when she was married awaiting her husband, I would accept it. BUT that has not happened. The answers I have gotten are from those who cannot see past there own prejudice.
As i stated previously, valid explanations have been made. It would appear that acceptance would not be forthcoming if one already holds the doctrine to be FACT, and comes from the perspective off,
( It is only not wanting to admit that the Catholic Church is right)
to quote yourself, “The answers I have gotten are from those who cannot see past there own prejudice”. As i have stated on more than one occasion, i am neither fully convinced Mary was ever virgin or that she wasn’t. Much of scripture would imply the Lord Jesus had brothers/sisters. I see no scripture to imply He didn’t, i do see scripture being rendered to support a preconception. Yes many church fathers, catholic/protestant theologians, did embrace the ever virgin doctrine, yet as stated it is not explicit in scripture for either viewpoint, so to hold it as regula fidei, is erroneous.
I wondered if you meant the Church Fathers here as bolded.
supports itself on assumptions and extra biblical writings??
You asked me " Do you accept the Early Fathers"? The above is still ambiguous.
Can be used in a disparaging context?
Merriam-Webster-(papist adjective, usually disparaging)
Yes, it can be used in a disparaging context, and i readily admit it all too often is.
Yet it can also be used thus, Noun 1. papist - an offensive term for Roman Catholics; originally, a Roman Catholic who was a strong advocate of the papacy
(Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc).
The article meant it as disparaging.
I neither defend or condemn the writers use of the word, as i cannot be certain as to his context, i lack your insight! But clearly the article is far from disparaging
That you cannot see it only shows where your mind is.
:tsktsk:Why do you have to make it a personal attack
