P
pocohombre
Guest
Blessings pro18guy .It seems like you are pulling rank to to avoid further discussion of what I feel was a strong point/question about Mary’s question. Was she reminding God of her vow ? I do not mean to be disrespectful. I understand that CC rests upon the Word and Sacred Tradition. I have stated before that, regardless of our basis, it requires faith to accept this rationale or that rationale. I would be inconsistent if I believed other doctrines that say the CC is the only true, apostolic ,one holy church and that she is infallible,and then denied one of her doctrines. As you know I do not. As I do not agree totally with strict Calvinistic once saved always saved, I also do not totally believe once right always right in a particular church, even CC. This all or nothing acceptance paradigm goes against God’s methodology . Does not the Didache say, "Thou shalt not make a schism but thou shalt pacify them that contend’. Do I not believe in Christ,His death burial and resurrection ? Do I not believe in much of what the CC teaches ? Am I not like many others in the CC that question some of her dogma, practice, either presently or who have done so in the past? Did not the Dominicans and Franciscans debate some Marion doctrine for centuries, with full robust, even anathemizing each other form time to time ? … I am not afraid to ask the Lord , as I have, and put myself in CC dogma shoes, imagining the Virgin as you would. But that is as far as it gets… It is as deep affection I have for such light the Lord has given me about the Blessed Mary that I can not be moved.Unfortunately, I suspect it is the same for yourself and others .Unfortunate only in that we are separated on the matter. With the admonition of the Didache, may we hold highly what we do agree on.I believe that your opinions are inconsistent. Why? I will assume that you trust the bible. Let’s go way back to the question in the OP. We know that Mary remained ever virgin for the same reason that we know the bible (73 books) is inspired by God: The Church that Christ founded to shepherd all Christians has declared it by the power of the Holy Spirit. Those of us who are plagued by doubts about this can dissemble for the rest of our lives, contorting reason beyond recognition, but that has zero impact on God’s revealed truth. And that truth is that the bible is His word, and Mary was ever virgin.
Why do you fear that the Catholic Church might be correct?