How do you feel about same sex sleeping in the same bed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter joshkt79
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joshkt79

Guest
We all know that opposite sex should not sleep in the same bed, if not married, and probably shouldn’t sleep in the same room, but how do you feel about same sex sleeping in the same bed? Do you feel differently about it?

I would treat it a little differently than opposite sex. I wouldn’t let opposite sex sleep in the same room, but I would allow same sex to share a room, but seperate beds.
 
I think it would really depend on your sexual attractions and such and certain situations. If someone has same sex attraction, probably not a good idea. I know as a kid me and other girls shared beds all the time. Plus I didn’t like making friends sleep on the floor or having to sleep on the floor myself. Now I am a bisexual (I am a chaste one so no lectures please) so, when I started sexually developing and feeling more sexual attractions, it became not such a good idea. It is really situational though. If you have no sexual attraction to the same sex and for some reason someone needs to crash the night or you are having a friend/friends over for the night, there shouldn’t be a problem with sleeping in the same bed.
 
When I go to conferences and conventions I often seek to share a room. Usually there are two beds but on occasion we’ve had to share a double or a queen. I have no problem with it and neither did they. The only problem comes is if the person I am sharing with snores or sleeps restlessly.
 
I have very bad, untreated sleep apnea. I make horrible and loud sounds in the night. I have also been told by a doctor that until I get it treated I am not to sleep alone. (If someone doesn’t wake me when I start suffocating it could cause very dangerous issues.).

So prior to living with my fiance I slept on a mattress on my old roommate’s floor, even though I did technically have my own room. (He really is the best friend anyone could ask for.) I would have gotten a female roommate, but because of the delicate and humiliating situation I turned to the person closest to me. And it turned out to be a great living situation.

But I wouldn’t share a bed with anyone that I wasn’t romantic with. It’s not a sexual thing, it’s just too personal for me. It may be because I’ve been so embarrassed for so long about my apnea that makes me insecure about it, I don’t know. But the thought of sharing a room is weird, and sharing a bed makes me very anxious.
 
I have shared a bed with female friends on numerous occasions, it’s never occurred to me that their should be an issue with this.

On the most recent occasion myself and 2 friends went to London for a theatre trip and booked a travel lodge, there was a double bed and a single bed, I shared with one friend while the other (a very light sleeper!) slept on the single bed.

It’s just a pace to rest your head!
 
My friends and I did a lot of camping in high school and college. We’d have as many as 8 guys in a 4-man tent. In early spring, late fall/early winter, we’d usually share double sleeping bags to avoid freezing (many nights in the low 30’s, once as low as the upper teens). I’d imagine that was a lot more familiar than the times I’ve slept in the same bed as a male friend and no less inappropriate, except for the times we brought baked beans.
 
I have very bad, untreated sleep apnea. I make horrible and loud sounds in the night. I have also been told by a doctor that until I get it treated I am not to sleep alone. (If someone doesn’t wake me when I start suffocating it could cause very dangerous issues.)
Please, please, please get a CPAP or APAP. I would really hate it if something happened to you. I really like your posts.

Gordon Sims;9686376I’d imagine that was a lot more familiar than the times I’ve slept in the same bed as a male friend and no less inappropriate said:
I bet the two of you laughed all night. 😃 Men!!:rolleyes:
 
I have very bad, untreated sleep apnea. I make horrible and loud sounds in the night. I have also been told by a doctor that until I get it treated I am not to sleep alone. (If someone doesn’t wake me when I start suffocating it could cause very dangerous issues.).

So prior to living with my fiance I slept on a mattress on my old roommate’s floor, even though I did technically have my own room. (He really is the best friend anyone could ask for.) I would have gotten a female roommate, but because of the delicate and humiliating situation I turned to the person closest to me. And it turned out to be a great living situation.

But I wouldn’t share a bed with anyone that I wasn’t romantic with. It’s not a sexual thing, it’s just too personal for me. It may be because I’ve been so embarrassed for so long about my apnea that makes me insecure about it, I don’t know. But the thought of sharing a room is weird, and sharing a bed makes me very anxious.
I have sleep apnea and got it treated. I used a CPAP and the results have been nothing short of a miracle. I hope you would have the SAME experience! ;)😉
 
Anybody can decide they aren’t comfortable sleeping with anybody else, either in the same bed or the same room. They don’t need to give a reason, and if it reasonably possible, their wishes ought to be accomodated. It’s not wrong to ask same sex people to sleep in close proximity, but it is not wrong for them to resist that, and no conclusions should be drawn either way. That is just allowing people their privacy.

If two people of the same sex want to sleep in the same bed and don’t struggle with any same sex attraction, though, there is nothing prohibiting their sleeping together.

Certainly, it is not against the tradition evident in Scripture for two men to sleep together, and there is no reason to believe two women couldn’t:

*Again I found this vanity under the sun: a solitary man with no companion; with neither son nor brother. Yet there is no end to all his toil, and riches do not satisfy his greed. “For whom do I toil and deprive myself of good things?” This also is vanity and a worthless task.

Two are better than one: they get a good wage for their labor.
If the one falls, the other will lift up his companion.
Woe to the solitary man! For if he should fall, he has no one to lift him up.
So also, if two sleep together, they keep each other warm.
How can one alone keep warm?
Where a lone man may be overcome, two together can resist.
A three-ply cord is not easily broken.*
Eccl. 4:7-12
 
I think it’s only the recent homosexual agenda that has even made this a question. Female friends often share beds; it’s a normal slumber party thing. Male friends will on occasion, but I find men seem to be weirder about these things in general. 😃
 
Please, please, please get a CPAP or APAP. I would really hate it if something happened to you. I really like your posts.
Thank you. I’m working on it but without insurance its tough. I’m on more than one waitlist and I sleep with my head propped very high, almost in a sitting position. And in the meantime, I have my fiance who looks out for me. I’ll be fine.
 
It’s a sign of the modern times when everything must be sexualized. Nothing wrong with sleeping in a bed. Nothing wrong with bathing, or, heck, even nudity. But this culture has become fixated completely on the erotic, and so we suffer for it.
 
I think it’s only the recent homosexual agenda that has even made this a question. Female friends often share beds; it’s a normal slumber party thing. Male friends will on occasion, but I find men seem to be weirder about these things in general. 😃
No, it’s actually been happening over the last hundred and fifty years or so
 
There’s nothing wrong with sharing the same bed with someone of the same sex. I remember sharing beds on trips all the time. The only time it becomes an issue is if the person you are sharing the bed with kicks. My sister would kick like crazy. It was downright dangerous to share a bed with her!
 
Thank you. I’m working on it but without insurance its tough. I’m on more than one waitlist and I sleep with my head propped very high, almost in a sitting position. And in the meantime, I have my fiance who looks out for me. I’ll be fine.
I’ve had an APAP for 5 years. It’s wonderful. If I was able to get a new one I’d send this one to you. All they’d have to do is set it how you need it to run. Give you fiance a hug from me for looking out for you.

I better say something on topic. If I still had a spare bedroom and a couple of female friends came from out of town to visit I wouldn’t think twice about them sharing a bed. I don’t think the neighbors would think anything of it either. Now if I had two male friends sharing a bed, the fact that I had 2 men staying at my house may raise a few eyebrows in the neighborhood.
 
We all know that opposite sex should not sleep in the same bed, if not married, and probably shouldn’t sleep in the same room, but how do you feel about same sex sleeping in the same bed? Do you feel differently about it?

I would treat it a little differently than opposite sex. I wouldn’t let opposite sex sleep in the same room, but I would allow same sex to share a room, but seperate beds.
Do you know why certain pairs should not share a bed or a room? Because if you do, then the whole question is simpler.
 
I have no problem sleeping with guy friends in the same bed. They might because I am a natural snuggler and any body near me I will naturally role to in my sleep (Be they man, woman or beast), but if they’re fine with prying me off them in the middle of the night there is nothing morally wrong with it so long as no one has same-sex attractions and isn’t being tempted.
 
I have no problem sleeping with guy friends in the same bed. They might because I am a natural snuggler and any body near me I will naturally role to in my sleep (Be they man, woman or beast), but if they’re fine with prying me off them in the middle of the night there is nothing morally wrong with it so long as no one has same-sex attractions and isn’t being tempted.
Awkward!
 
It’s a sign of the modern times when everything must be sexualized. Nothing wrong with sleeping in a bed. Nothing wrong with bathing, or, heck, even nudity. But this culture has become fixated completely on the erotic, and so we suffer for it.
👍

Sadly, the culture has such an impact that even well-meaning individuals who see the good sense of what you’re saying could unconsciously find something “erotic,” “embarrassing,” “awkward” or “bad” about otherwise innocent things at which folks of a few hundred years ago wouldn’t have batted an eyelash in same sex company.

I think people with Same Sex Attraction should avoid temptation, to be sure, but that the widespread sexualization of this sort of thing exists in the first place is undoubtedly a reflection on our oversexed culture.

Blessings in Christ,
KindredSoul
 
I have very bad, untreated sleep apnea. I make horrible and loud sounds in the night. I have also been told by a doctor that until I get it treated I am not to sleep alone. (If someone doesn’t wake me when I start suffocating it could cause very dangerous issues.).
Totally off topic, but please, get that treated. My husband has been on a CPAP machine for 5 years now - the change in him was amazing. He seriously thanks me all the time, even 5 years later, for saving his life. He always snored, but it started to get worse and worse, and something just didn’t sound right. It affected our marriage too - he was constantly exhausted, I was exhausted, we were just snippy and nasty to each other. And we are not a couple that fights. heck, we barely bicker. So I know it was the sheer exhaustion we both had that made things crazy for a while. I finally after one particularly bad night that actually scared me, told him that he needed to see the doctor because I thought he was having times during the night where he wasn’t breathing. Thankfully, he went, had the sleep study, and found out that his was so severe that he could have easily stroked out any given night. He’ll have his machine forever - he’s not overweight (well, not enough for that to be the cause of his apnea); his is due to the position of his jaw. Alternative is surgery to reposition it, which means 6-12 weeks wired shut, and relearning how to talk and eat again. The machine is a much better idea.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top