How do you feel about same sex sleeping in the same bed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter joshkt79
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know that opposite sex should not sleep in the same bed, if not married, and probably shouldn’t sleep in the same room, but how do you feel about same sex sleeping in the same bed? Do you feel differently about it?

I would treat it a little differently than opposite sex. I wouldn’t let opposite sex sleep in the same room, but I would allow same sex to share a room, but seperate beds.
It depends on the clarity of the occupants’ intentions. If all occupants share a bed with the clear intention of only sleeping in it…they’ll only sleep in it.

While it’s a legit question as to whether the occupants have other intentions, I think it’s about high time that “sleeping-in-a-bed” means “sleeping-in-a-bed” instead of “sex-in-a-bed.”
 
Bottom line the way I see it, if there is no sexual attraction or activity between the same sex it really doesnt matter if they sleeping the same bed. I remember a couple times a long while back me and my bro had to share one bed. Thank God he didnt snore
 
No, it’s actually been happening over the last hundred and fifty years or so
That is my understanding. In the 1860s and prior, American men sometimes expressed their affection for their close friends in very intimate and even romantic terms…I do not mean that it was sexual, but that they chose prose that was flowery and over-the-top, such as even love poetry rarely is these days. (But maybe this was because the upper classes were all reading Greek poetry, which had no fear of homosexual attractions at all. Who knows? 🤷)
 
That is my understanding. In the 1860s and prior, American men sometimes expressed their affection for their close friends in very intimate and even romantic terms…I do not mean that it was sexual, but that they chose prose that was flowery and over-the-top, such as even love poetry rarely is these days. (But maybe this was because the upper classes were all reading Greek poetry, which had no fear of homosexual attractions at all. Who knows? 🤷)
This is truthful. Unfortunately, it is also how stupid rumors about Abe Lincoln being a homosexual came up a few years back.

As a travelling circuit attorney 150+ years ago, it was common to have to sleep with another person of your sex in a hotel. And it would be better to be a friend than a complete stranger, right? And cheaper too.
 
That is my understanding. In the 1860s and prior, American men sometimes expressed their affection for their close friends in very intimate and even romantic terms…I do not mean that it was sexual, but that they chose prose that was flowery and over-the-top, such as even love poetry rarely is these days. (But maybe this was because the upper classes were all reading Greek poetry, which had no fear of homosexual attractions at all. Who knows? 🤷)
There were a number of letters that were between same sex individuals that were uh rather interesting, men talking about how much they miss another’s embrace appears rather homoerotic to modern people.
 
This is truthful. Unfortunately, it is also how stupid rumors about Abe Lincoln being a homosexual came up a few years back.

As a travelling circuit attorney 150+ years ago, it was common to have to sleep with another person of your sex in a hotel. And it would be better to be a friend than a complete stranger, right? And cheaper too.
Isn’t it funny to realize that we are often quicker to impute erotic intent where it isn’t there than the Victorians were, yet we use “Victorian” to refer to people with overly strict and inappropriately confining sexual attitudes? They could dare to express sentimental feelings in ways that are taboo among us, because our contemporaries are so quick to brand all strong affections or strongly worded expressions of affection as erotic. We are the ones who are obsessed with sex, not the Victorians!!

Thank you, Dr. Freud. :rolleyes:
 
how do you feel about same sex sleeping in the same bed? Do you feel differently about it?
My sister sometimes sleeps in the same bed with me, how do I feel? Nothing, she is my sister. I’ve been to sleep overs with my girl-friends and we have slept in the same bed, how did I feel? Nothing.

Now, if we talk about one person being homosexual, then those are another 20 bucks. I wouldn’t sleep in the same room with a lesbian (no offense) cuz I would certainly feel uncomfortable like I would sleep with an eye closed and the other one open.
 
My sister sometimes sleeps in the same bed with me, how do I feel? Nothing, she is my sister. I’ve been to sleep overs with my girl-friends and we have slept in the same bed, how did I feel? Nothing.

Now, if we talk about one person being homosexual, then those are another 20 bucks. I wouldn’t sleep in the same room with a lesbian (no offense) cuz I would certainly feel uncomfortable like I would sleep with an eye closed and the other one open.
How vain to assume that all lesbians would want sex with you.
 
except for the times we brought baked beans.
Well…since we are on the topic, I have really bad stomach problems so I don’t necessarily need to eat beans to embarass myself. Honestly, I am just not comfortable sleeping over at anyone’s house because of it even if I have my own room. Once I open the door…

But on the topic of sharing a bed. When I was younger, I would sleep in the same bed as girl friends. My parents (dad in particular) ALWAYS were against it and when the girls were sleeping at my house, we always had our own bed. But went I went to friends houses, I would share their bed.

In University I might have did it on occasion. However, at 42 years old, I would NEVER do it. Personally, I think the older one gets, the less acceptable it is. I do think however that not everyone reaches that ‘I am too old for this’ at the same age

CM
 
Isn’t it funny to realize that we are often quicker to impute erotic intent where it isn’t there than the Victorians were, yet we use “Victorian” to refer to people with overly strict and inappropriately confining sexual attitudes? They could dare to express sentimental feelings in ways that are taboo among us, because our contemporaries are so quick to brand all strong affections or strongly worded expressions of affection as erotic. We are the ones who are obsessed with sex, not the Victorians!!

Thank you, Dr. Freud. :rolleyes:
100% this!!!

👍

Blessings in Christ,
KindredSoul
 
My sister sometimes sleeps in the same bed with me, how do I feel? Nothing, she is my sister. I’ve been to sleep overs with my girl-friends and we have slept in the same bed, how did I feel? Nothing.

Now, if we talk about one person being homosexual, then those are another 20 bucks. I wouldn’t sleep in the same room with a lesbian (no offense) cuz I would certainly feel uncomfortable like I would sleep with an eye closed and the other one open.
That is a thought process that is a little offensive to we who have SSA ( I have bisexual attractions). People assume that lesbians are going to jump on any female they see nomatter what their sexual attractions are, that gay men are going to jump on every man they see, and that bisexuals will jump on anyone and everyone. The fact of the matter is that isn’t true. All my gay, lesbian, and bisexual friends that I know won’t hit on someone of the same gender that is straight.

Also lesbians aren’t attracted to all women, gay men are not attracted to all men, and bisexuals aren’t attracted to everyone. I for instance am attracted to maybe 15% of the population.
 
I remember sharing a bed with a close friend while camping. In the middle of the night he rolled over with his face practically against mine, and for a brief moment I thought we were going to kiss. All my life I’ve never felt so alive.

You talk about awkward in the morning though.
 
How vain to assume that all lesbians would want sex with you.
Not only that but from her description it seems that she thinks that because someone is a lesbian they are not only going to be attracted to her, they are going to rape her.:rolleyes:
 
Not only that but from her description it seems that she thinks that because someone is a lesbian they are not only going to be attracted to her, they are going to rape her.:rolleyes:
I know, right? It is a little offensive to people with SSA when people start saying stuff like that.
 
Not only that but from her description it seems that she thinks that because someone is a lesbian they are not only going to be attracted to her, they are going to rape her.:rolleyes:
Wow, that’t horrible.
I know, right? It is a little offensive to people with SSA when people start saying stuff like that.
And people wonder why LGB people have a tendency to hate religion.
 
That is a thought process that is a little offensive to we who have SSA ( I have bisexual attractions). People assume that lesbians are going to jump on any female they see nomatter what their sexual attractions are, that gay men are going to jump on every man they see, and that bisexuals will jump on anyone and everyone. .
With all due respect, I don’t think that statement is 100% offensive to people with SSA. I am a woman, I know very well that most men would not hit on me. Nonetheless, I do not sleep in the same room as them because I want some distance.

If a woman has SSA, I know there is a good chance she will not want to hit on me, but I would still put her in the same category as most men ie respectfull to me but inappropriate to share a room with’

CM
 
With all due respect, I don’t think that statement is 100% offensive to people with SSA. I am a woman, I know very well that most men would not hit on me. Nonetheless, I do not sleep in the same room as them because I want some distance.

If a woman has SSA, I know there is a good chance she will not want to hit on me, but I would still put her in the same category as most men ie respectfull to me but inappropriate to share a room with’

CM
She just made it sound like a lesbian is just waiting for her to fall asleep so she can rape her. Maybe she needs to reconsider her wording. To have to sleep with one eye open (to keep an eye on the lesbian) like the lesbian would take advantage of the her while she was sleeping.

I deal with this sort of attitude all the time when people find out I am a bisexual. I have had women not want to be my friend because they are afraid I am going to make moves on them. They feel like I am just going to jump on any woman I have a chance to.Also I have women who identify as straight who get a little bicurious or whatever and actually try to get me to help them experiment and are shocked when I say no. The fact of the matter is that I am a monogamous, happily married, chaste, woman.
 
With all due respect, I don’t think that statement is 100% offensive to people with SSA. I am a woman, I know very well that most men would not hit on me. Nonetheless, I do not sleep in the same room as them because I want some distance.

If a woman has SSA, I know there is a good chance she will not want to hit on me, but I would still put her in the same category as most men ie respectfull to me but inappropriate to share a room with’

CM
Your way is substantially nicer in explaining it,.

So what, the lesbian should get her own room or sleep in the same room as the men?
 
I don’t know what you do in America but me and a friend (both male) shared a bed many years ago as neither wanted to sleep on the floor and there was only one duvet.

We are/were both straight.

We stayed at his dad’s house one night, we were both fully clothed, both on the edges of the bed with a huge gulf between us and I managed to get the duvet, I think he had a coat.

😃

I didn’t want to wake up in the same way as those two on Planes, trains and automobiles.

🙂

I think there were lots of books between us too, just in case someone rolled over accidently during the night.

:cool:

If he had of been 99% straight, I would have slept in the car.
 
That is a thought process that is a little offensive to we who have SSA ( I have bisexual attractions). People assume that lesbians are going to jump on any female they see nomatter what their sexual attractions are, that gay men are going to jump on every man they see, and that bisexuals will jump on anyone and everyone. The fact of the matter is that isn’t true. All my gay, lesbian, and bisexual friends that I know won’t hit on someone of the same gender that is straight.

Also lesbians aren’t attracted to all women, gay men are not attracted to all men, and bisexuals aren’t attracted to everyone. I for instance am attracted to maybe 15% of the population.
I don’t think I get you. I being asked to share a bed with somebody, I know that I’m the kind of person they would normally “check out”, and save a spouse or a sibling, I’m not supposed to care about that? Well, excuse me, but it is not only that I don’t want somebody to be in that situation with me and say “hey, baby, you’re hot!” I’m also not particularly thrilled with the prospect of “meh, you’re in the 85%, not the 15%” or “you know, you’re still not my type, but you undress better than I thought” or worse yet “wow…TMI. I wish I could tell you please put all your clothes back on. Eeek. Thank goodness you have the orientation you have, and not mine.”

IOW, while it is offensive to be deemed an object of lust, it could be just as offensive to be deemed to have failed to meet one’s “standards”. Oh, and they’re supposed to believe that no one would ever lie about such a thing, either. (Yeah. That works. :rolleyes:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top