=sinnerdexter;7019757]If the Bible cannot be take literal then what is the point of it? If you can’t take one story within it as literal, then why should you take the idea of a god literal? Like previously mentioned, other books such as Lord of the Rings also presents us with the same or similar ideological concepts as the bible. So what is the difference?
My dear friend in Christ,
It is both humble and prudent to understand that we are unable to know in entirety the mind and will of God.
Isa.55 1.[8] “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, says the LORD.”
The inability of most [if not all] Protestants to accept the Literal and Clear aspects of God’s Inspired Words, most especially in reguard to ONLY His intended single Faith and single Church lies at the foundation of your queries.
Mt. 16: 15 He [Jesus] said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jona! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. And I singular] tell you, you are Peter, singular] and on this rock singular] I will build my singular] church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it. [singular] 19 I God singular] will give you [singular] the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you singular] bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
Eph. 2:19 So then you are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, singular] built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, in whom the whole structure is joined together and grows into a holy temple in the Lord; singular] in whom you also are built into it for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit."
It is a FACT that the NT has in excess of 100 references to ONLY One Church: Here is One of them:
**Eph. 4: 4-6 **“There is one body One Church] and one Spirit, ONLY One set of beliefs] just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call, one Lord, [One God] one faith, One set of doctrine and dogma] one baptism, By water in the Trinity] one God and Father of us all, who is above all and through all and in all."
The Bible at times is very much a mystery in it’s true message, which is precisely why God set it up and guides proper understanding to the One and ONLY Chruch /Faith he founded and intends even to this day.
1Tim.3: 15 “if I am delayed, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, SINGULAR] which is the church [SINGULAR] of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth.” SINGULAR]
Friends it is the unwillingness to accept God at His Own Words, that He guides ONLY His Catholic Church [the ONLY Christian Church in existence when the bible was written, complied and codified by Christ CC.
**Only about His CC does God mke this commitment:
**John 14:16 **"And I [Jesus] will pray the Father,
and he will give you another Counselor, to be with you for ever
And ONLY to and fo HIS CC dos Christ Offer Himself to insure the SINGULAR] TRUTH of the CC Teachings:
John.17 Verses 14 to 19
“I [Jesus] have given them thy word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I do not pray that thou shouldst take them out of the world, but that thou shouldst keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; thy word is truth. As thou didst send me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. And
for their sake I consecrate myself, that they also may be consecrated in truth.”
Your dificulty friend is self-reliance, not Godly reliance
Love and prayers,
Pat