How do you listen for God?

  • Thread starter Thread starter awke
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

awke

Guest
How do you listen to God during prayer or in everyday life? How do you distinguish your own thoughts from thoughts planted from God?
 
Very good Q. I think St Padre Pio had some direction with that.
 
One way is to meditate on the words of the Saints throughout the day. Choose one or two quotes and let them permeate your heart.
 
My thoughts are always pleasing to me and tend to
find excuses that allow me to pretend I am guilt free.

God’s words go to the core of who I am and never
ever allow me to dilute the truth.
God’s words are always far more challenging to me
than any thoughts I have for myself.

The thoughts I try to push away to make my day easy,
are always from God and always for my overall benefit,
even if I can’t see it.
:tiphat:
 
I am not worth talking to! Much better people out there for God to talk to!
 
I find when I am able to slow down and intentionally take time to connect with him that I am better able to hear him. It may only be a couple of minutes during a busy day, and my “hearing” tends to be a subtle prompting rather than dramatic event.
 
My son and I are working on reading and memorizing more scripture.

Lately, God has been speaking to us through His Word. It’s a very, very good place to start 👍

God bless you!

Gertie
 
My son and I are working on reading and memorizing more scripture.

Lately, God has been speaking to us through His Word. It’s a very, very good place to start 👍

God bless you!

Gertie
What parts of scripture?
 
I ask, in prayer, for inspiration. Then I try to muster enough faith to trust that God will show me the right way to go about making decisions and choices. Faith and trust are the key ingredients. I don’t expect direct answers.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top