T
Truth_Faith13
Guest
OK so I keep getting myself confused about what doctrines I actually believe in (in general) and one of them that confuses me is the Catholics view on how they attain Salvation, I know what Protestants think Catholics believe, but I’ve never heard it from a Catholic…
How do you attain Salvation? Is baptism necessary? What about works? Do you believe in regeneration? What about the Sacraments: are they necessary for Salvation?
If an unbaptised infant dies? Would they go to heaven, hell or purgatory?
If a person converts on their death bed, but is unbaptised: what happens to them?
What about a Christian (non-catholic) who has believed, lived a good life but not been baptised: would they go to heaven hell or purgatory?
Do you need to be catholic to be saved?
It would be great to hear people points on this, but I’m also happy to be directed to the catechism. I am slowly reading through it, but if you could p(name removed by moderator)oint the specific bits which deal with salvation that would be great!
Thanks in advance
How do you attain Salvation? Is baptism necessary? What about works? Do you believe in regeneration? What about the Sacraments: are they necessary for Salvation?
If an unbaptised infant dies? Would they go to heaven, hell or purgatory?
If a person converts on their death bed, but is unbaptised: what happens to them?
What about a Christian (non-catholic) who has believed, lived a good life but not been baptised: would they go to heaven hell or purgatory?
Do you need to be catholic to be saved?
It would be great to hear people points on this, but I’m also happy to be directed to the catechism. I am slowly reading through it, but if you could p(name removed by moderator)oint the specific bits which deal with salvation that would be great!
Thanks in advance