Revelation is in Greek - Genesis is in Hebrew. As quoted, the comment makes no sense (the Greek is drakōn, FWIW). ## 1. How long is a piece of string ? The question is inapplicable, as satan has no appearance. It’s like asking “When is green ?” - the individual words have meaning, but the question made of them in that way, don’t. Probably a lot of our theological questions are inapplicable, if we only knew it.
Even if it had an “appearance” that could be discussed - how would any of us know ? None of these events were depicted or recorded on film. Unless one takes the view that Jesus was an alien, & that the events in the Gospel are misunderstood sightings of UFOs & their crews. Even if a UFO filmed them, there is no way to know of such things. Explanation by UFO is how some people explain the miracles, when what needs explaining is the explanation
Well, the question is applicable only insofar as I’m trying to determine if Eve was persuaded by a “friendly” and coercive little snake, or if a threatening dragon was with her.
Does it matter to my faith? Not at all.
Do I think the serpent truly appeared as is written literally in the Bible, or is this simply poetic license? I’m not asking in order to know for my own purposes. I’m asking because of a conversation I’m having in which a relative has said the snake literally appeared strictly as stated. And since there is no written word that indicates Eve was in fear, or at least intimidated, then we must take the conversation as friendly because that is what the dialogue in the text indicates.
DISCLAIMER: Catholic Answers has turned over the archive to Catholic-Questions.org and no longer owns, manages, or moderates the forums. For additional apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.