E
EllieC
Guest
Hello,
I have heard stances on either side and I often wonder the Catholic teaching on this. Some say that your thoughts can be considered a sin (unkind, etc. etc.) Others say that it is not a sin if you do not put action with it. So what is the depth that sin can go to? Are those inner stirrings and/or uncontrolled/controlled thoughts of sinful behavior sins or not?
Is considering suicide a sin? It is a mortal sin to commit, but is it a sin to consider suicide?
I just wonder if I should confess more in-depth to the inner stirrings of my heart. I guess it wouldn’t hurt, but I would like to hear some thoughts on this.
Also, I have heard the “Be bold, be brief, be gone” many times but I do think it is important to have a contrite heart, be sorry for your sins, and make a complete confession.
I have heard stances on either side and I often wonder the Catholic teaching on this. Some say that your thoughts can be considered a sin (unkind, etc. etc.) Others say that it is not a sin if you do not put action with it. So what is the depth that sin can go to? Are those inner stirrings and/or uncontrolled/controlled thoughts of sinful behavior sins or not?
Is considering suicide a sin? It is a mortal sin to commit, but is it a sin to consider suicide?
I just wonder if I should confess more in-depth to the inner stirrings of my heart. I guess it wouldn’t hurt, but I would like to hear some thoughts on this.
Also, I have heard the “Be bold, be brief, be gone” many times but I do think it is important to have a contrite heart, be sorry for your sins, and make a complete confession.