M
MikaAkim
Guest
I am curious how the rapture and the book of revelation is viewed by Catholics? I aloways thought that the book of revelation was pretty self explanitory and dont understand how anyone can read it any diffrent. I may be wrong, but doesnt it clear state that the rapture, 7 year tribulation, second coming is going to happen?
I found someone who asked this question on Y/A. It wasnt me, I always come here. This is how the question was answered (in bold)
The rapture teaching, which is a misinterpretation of teachings about Christ’s Second Coming, imagines that Jesus will spirit Christians away before a time of persecution and tribulation. In other words, the rapture doctrine claims that Jesus doesn’t actually want us to take up the cross because he doesn’t want us to suffer with him. That’s false teaching.
So I suppose I am curious what is the Roman Catholics view/interpretation of the book of revelation, and if they don’t “believe” in it, why have it in the catholic bible?
Is it ok for a Catholic to believe in the second coming, rapture etc?
I found someone who asked this question on Y/A. It wasnt me, I always come here. This is how the question was answered (in bold)
The rapture teaching, which is a misinterpretation of teachings about Christ’s Second Coming, imagines that Jesus will spirit Christians away before a time of persecution and tribulation. In other words, the rapture doctrine claims that Jesus doesn’t actually want us to take up the cross because he doesn’t want us to suffer with him. That’s false teaching.
So I suppose I am curious what is the Roman Catholics view/interpretation of the book of revelation, and if they don’t “believe” in it, why have it in the catholic bible?
Is it ok for a Catholic to believe in the second coming, rapture etc?