How many people actually say the Rosary daily?

• Thread starter Thread starter betra2000
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I say it daily…Of course, some days I am a lot more collected than others. And some nights, I fall asleep in the middle, but I try to have said it before then, in its entirety, so that one is a “bonus”, as it were.

At least once a day, and I *always always always *say one before bed. Thus, if an opportunity presents itself, I’ll say an extra, but I’ll still say my pre-bed Rosary.

Eamon

I very seldom ever pray less than the Joyous, Sorrowful, Glorious, and Luminious Mysterys every day. Sometimes more. I just love the connection to Jesus and Mary!

I try so hard but my mind wanders so much. I ask the Lord to forgive my inattention and hopefully even if I am just saying the words, Mary knows my effort.

I have to pray the Rosary daily. My son and I pray it during our car ride to his school. Since most of the time our minds were wandering I bought cassettes of the Rosary being recited by the Daughters of St. Paul and that helps.

joey(name removed by moderator):
I have to pray the Rosary daily. My son and I pray it during our car ride to his school. Since most of the time our minds were wandering I bought cassettes of the Rosary being recited by the Daughters of St. Paul and that helps.
At one time, I had an SUV with a CD player. I would play my CD of the Rosary FIRST THING, no matter where I went, so that I would say that Rosary at least once each day.

The real bonus was when I learned my baby cousin, when she was in the car with her aunt (my cousin) said to her ‘Don’t you play the Rosary???’, and of course, her aunt pulled out her cassette and they did the Rosary together.

Whenever I have a few minutes to myself, waiting in line, walking, trying to relax, I will say a Rosary.

Some days, though, it just doesn’t happen. And I can feel a difference.

I do make it a point to say it on Sundays before mass… to relax myself and prepare myself to hear the Word of God.

Some days, I will say a ‘normal’ Rosary. Other days, I do a ‘speed’ Rosary - I have no idea what the Magesterium would say about it, but, it’s

Apostle’s Creed
Our Father
First Joyful Mystery
Our Father
Hail Mary (just one)
Second Joyful Mystery
Our Father
Hail Mary (just one)
continued through, Joyful, Luminous, Sorrowful, Glorious
Then I close with the Glory Be, Fatima Prayer, “My God, I believe, I adore, I trust in You…”, “Come Holy Spirit…”, Regina Prayer, Doxology, St. Michael Prayer, and then the Memorare.

This is just my way of reminding myself of the entire life of Christ.

I don’t do it to be expedient, or disrespectful in any way :confused: … only to have some quiet time

I also try to do a ‘normal’ Rosary in the same day.

On the weekdays I pray a rosary in the morning, and on the weekends I pray the rosary in the evening.

I say a rosary everyday. I carry and pray the rosary each evening on my walk. It can make a walk breeze by. Others are now showing me there’s as we pass each other. I also say a rosary when I attend daily Mass (I go about 3 or 4 times during the week).👍

I try to pray the Rosary at 9:30 with Mother Angelica on EWTN. I usually succeed 5 out of 7 nights.

For a while, I was attending a Tuesday night Rosary meeting at a local church, but the ladies just sped thru the rosary so fast I couldn’t keep up. It was like “speed rosary” - I think from beginning to end it took a little over 10 minutes to complete. Unbelievably way too fast for my slow talking mouth! : ) I like the pace of the EWTN version.

ooooooooooo pick me! I do! I say it on my way to school every morning!:yup: 🙂

I pray four Rosaries per day and sometimes more if there is a need.

I do three every day.

The first (joyful) is always for the souls in Purgatory.

The second (sorrowful) is always for the clergy and the intentions of the Pope.

The third (glorious) is for whatever personal intentions I have at the moment. (Currently, a friend who is recovering from cervical cancer, and Holy Trinity Church in Boston, which is facing closure this December. There is a chance it might not happen, as far as I know)

40.png
LynnieLew:
I try so hard but my mind wanders so much. I ask the Lord to forgive my inattention and hopefully even if I am just saying the words, Mary knows my effort.
Of course she knows!

My mind wanders a lot, too, because I say two of my daily rosaries on a bus to and from work. There are loads of distracting things and people in the city.

You just have to bring your attention back to the rosary as soon as you become aware that you’re drifting. Don’t *deliberately *entertain those other thoughts, and you’re all right. Mary understands.

Come Join us in the Spirituality Forum. We have a Perpetual Rosary for Priest’s going. You can add a hail mary or a string of decades and it helps you to slowly meditate each prayer.

Perpetual Rosary for Priest’s

We appreciate all the posters we can get to help! 🙂

I pray all twenty decades every day-some days quicker than others due to a tight schedule. I simply offer it for the Blessed Mother’s intentions. She knows best how to distribute the graces.:amen:

goofyjim, I am with you! I love the rosary and know our Blessed Mother will always watch over us in the name of Our Lord Jesus!

I pray all 20 decades every day and do it during the day so I am wide awake.
I am a member of the Rosary Confraternity run by the Dominican Fathers. Membership is free. The only responsibility is that you must pray all 20 decades in a week and you also pray for other members. This means you have thousands of other members praying for you every day, and also after you die so you know you will always be prayed for. If anyone is interested go to this website:

www.rosary-center.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back