How many people actually say the Rosary daily?

• Thread starter Thread starter betra2000
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
My paternal grandparents always prayed their evening rosary and I said it with them during summers on the farm. They did say it in 10 minutes though. My mother, on the other hand, is slow as molasses in January and it used to irritate me to no end. The irony is, today, I’m even slower than her as I simply can’t think fast enough to keep up with the import of all the words. In recent years, I have found reading passages of the New Testament in between decades aids enormously in meditation. In fact, the more I read scripture, the easier it is to pray the rosary. It is amazing how much the little details suddenly take on real significance.

For all my practice, the rosary remains a very real challenge.

Has anyone ever tried Virtual Rosary? It is what I do. I like the fact that you have a soft music playing in the back ground and it also takes you through the mysteries. Anyone else heard of it?

40.png
CheesusPowerKid:
I need to start to…sometimes when I don’t realize it, I start reciting Hail Mary’s in my head when I’m scared or in trouble…I wish I could get into the habit of at least saying one a day, the problem is that I never formally learned the rosary. I know the ten Hail Marys, the Glory Be, and the Our Father and stuff, but I don’t know what any of the mysteries are or how the prayers in the beginning part and the end of the rosary go (I think one is the Hail, Holy Queen…yeah, that’s about as far as I can get) can anyone give me the complete set of prayers for the rosary and how and when to say them and with what mysteries? this is something I really want to learn. thanks
This is what I started out with:
newadvent.org/library/rosary.pdf

It was more convenient for me to learn the basics, by having one sheet I could print out and keep by my bed. I would personally suggest starting there, with the instructions all on one single page.

For now, for me, this concise guide is enough, and my own meditations on the rosary continue to give me insights. But the more I get into it, and want more, the more I will probably research each mystery in more detail and maybe use those rosary aids that have a verse for each Hail Mary–those rosary cards or something similar.

40.png
betra2000:
Has anyone ever tried Virtual Rosary? It is what I do. I like the fact that you have a soft music playing in the back ground and it also takes you through the mysteries. Anyone else heard of it?
I do - I don’t own a real rosary yet anyway, plus I’m still not entirely sure of some of the prayers yet so having them there helps… I’m just having trouble finding time to do it when I won’t be interrupted or whatever…

I try to, but don’t always. I always say some kind of prayer though.

Thistle,
This means you have thousands of other members praying for you every day, and also after you die so you know you will always be prayed for.
Thanks for the recommendation to the rosary centre; prayers for the souls in purgatory sold me. I’m joining today.👋

I never have <.<

No, seriously, I don’t think I’ve ever prayed the Rosary. I never knew how, for starters. But after reading this thread, I plan to.

One question, though, is it an obligation? I know praying in the morning and at night is, and I always do.

One question, though, is it an obligation?
No, Krasnaya it is not an obligation. The rosary though has been called the chain that binds Satan. St. Padre Pio was known to request his weapon and his attendants would ask what weapon? you have none. He wanted his rosary which he is known to have prayed constantly.

40.png
Rosalinda:
No, Krasnaya it is not an obligation. The rosary though has been called the chain that binds Satan. St. Padre Pio was known to request his weapon and his attendants would ask what weapon? you have none. He wanted his rosary which he is known to have prayed constantly.
A spiritual weapon against Satan is just what I need sometimes.

So, looking at those links, I can see the basics, like what to pray on which beads and whatnot. The one thing I don’t quite understand is the “Mysteries”. I could look through those links for details but can anyone simplify? There’s a lot to think about there :-\

The Mary Foundation has a wonderful CD (great for the car) with the Rosary, the Divine Mercy Chaplet and other prayers.

catholicity.com/maryfoundation/

They request a donation, but essentially they are free. I order 10 or 20 at a time and give them away.

👍 nj

www.rosary-center.org - 👍 its an awsome site, gives meditation points for each mystery, offers other languages, breaks down how to say it, ect, ect. i reccomend it for anyone who does not know how, or actually even if you do. i use it each time to keep my mind focused (the pictures for each myster help me a ton)

I pray all four rosaries daily, the Joyful Mysteries, Mysteries of Light, the Sorrowful and Glrious Mysteries - it is a wonderful way of praying and following the life of Christ from the Annunciation to the final glory of heaven every day. I start saying it even before I get up - if I’m awake enough! - a wonderful way to start the day. I pray it when walking, waiting in a queue, in quiet times of the day, and sometimes finish the final decades before dropping off to sleep. It is a meditation, a prayer of intercession, a way of soaking myslef in the mysteries of Christ’s life, accompanied by Mary. It is a way of soaking the whole day in prayer, and can be fitted in to odd corners of one’s daily life. Wonderful!

40.png
JenMM:
I pray all four rosaries daily, the Joyful Mysteries, Mysteries of Light, the Sorrowful and Glrious Mysteries - it is a wonderful way of praying and following the life of Christ from the Annunciation to the final glory of heaven every day. I start saying it even before I get up - if I’m awake enough! - a wonderful way to start the day. I pray it when walking, waiting in a queue, in quiet times of the day, and sometimes finish the final decades before dropping off to sleep. It is a meditation, a prayer of intercession, a way of soaking myslef in the mysteries of Christ’s life, accompanied by Mary. It is a way of soaking the whole day in prayer, and can be fitted in to odd corners of one’s daily life. Wonderful!
How long does all twenty decades take? For that matter, how long do five take?

Krasnaya Kometa:
How long does all twenty decades take? For that matter, how long do five take?
It depends on your meditation. If you do the whole thing…20 decades, it can take an hour.

One hour is about right. 15 or 20 min for one 5 decade. 30 min if your praying the rosary with Mother Angelica and the Sisters.

40.png
njaegerctc:
The Mary Foundation has a wonderful CD (great for the car) with the Rosary, the Divine Mercy Chaplet and other prayers.

catholicity.com/maryfoundation/

They request a donation, but essentially they are free. I order 10 or 20 at a time and give them away.

👍 nj
I just went on line to order this. I can’t wait to get it!

Thank you

Paris Blues:
I always tell myself, well, the first of the month and I will start saying the Rosary, yet when it comes, I forget!

Why do I have a hard time remembering? Perhaps I have too much homework or am too lazy or just can’t concentrate. Can you guys pray for me to start praying the Rosary?
I sure will!

When I was learning to say the Rosary (just a few years ago), I would just say it whenever I had to wait, and it helped.

So, waiting at the doctor’s office: do a Rosary. In line at the market: do a Rosary. Hmm… this drive is about 20 minutes: do a Rosary.

When I started, I had a very hard time remembering the Mysteries. I just kept saying it without (The First Joyful Mystery… Our Father…) and then I would look up the actual Mystery when I was able to do so.

Maybe this would help you as well.

Just 4 more days until my pole ends. It is pretty close. I am actually surprised by the results. There are a lot of devoted Rosary prayers out there.

40.png
betra2000:
Just 4 more days until my pole ends. It is pretty close. I am actually surprised by the results. There are a lot of devoted Rosary prayers out there.
Well, I voted “yes” because I have said it every day since I started a few days ago. I can’t imagine I’ll forget, so…

40.png
Karen10:
This is what I started out with:
newadvent.org/library/rosary.pdf

It was more convenient for me to learn the basics, by having one sheet I could print out and keep by my bed. I would personally suggest starting there, with the instructions all on one single page.

For now, for me, this concise guide is enough, and my own meditations on the rosary continue to give me insights. But the more I get into it, and want more, the more I will probably research each mystery in more detail and maybe use those rosary aids that have a verse for each Hail Mary–those rosary cards or something similar.
DH and I learned to pray the Rosary with this sheet. It’s very basic and precise.

It takes us between 20 and 30 minutes to say the Rosary depending on how tired we are. And we say it together. I guess the couples who pray together, stay together. :>
😃 😃 😃

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back