G
Grateful4mercy
Guest
I read it in my head while I was reading the OP, so I think I should be saved. 
Another hit’n run post. I’m still waiting for you to ‘prove’ your accusations here: forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=184168ARE YOU 100% SURE …
xfrodobagginsx,ARE YOU 100% SURE …
You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism
Mt 3:16 “After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him,”
…
DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS? DO YOU ACCEPT WHAT HE DID FOR YOU TO PAY FOR YOUR SINS?
Yes, it’s Church teaching, and proclaimed at every Mass
**“Dear LORD JESUS, I believe that YOU died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, take me to heaven when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen.” **
- If you are willing to receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior please pray this right now, from your heart to God,
Catholics pray this at every Mass, if they are prayerfully attentive.
…
Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.
That’s what I do as a Catholic, thank you!
Glad to see you take your faith seriously, and are willing to share it with others and challenge others. Just a word of caution not to misrepresent what the Catholic Church truly teaches, which might be tempting and easy to do since we sinners often fail and need to throw ourselves on God's mercy and the blood of Christ. I also hope you have taken ownership of your arguements, and are not regurgitating other's apologetics without testing them yourself with Sacred Scripture and prayer.
I like your prayer, it's a great start. Have you given due considerations to the following Scriptures (I notice the Roman road and the John verse you already mention):
So you stick with the Lord’s prayer, the Hail Mary, Scriptures… and stay away from man-made prayer, such as the prayer of St Francis, and other saints, etc?Funny, that prayer isn’t in my Bible. Looks like it’s man-made.
I’ll stick with what the Bible actually says to do.
I like this part of your post, very nice.*Okay, but I like this one a lot better.
LINK
Gee… thanks for the assurance…Okay, I got that too. See, I’m a faithful Catholic and so I’m as “saved, sanctified, and filled with the Holy Ghost” as you are or any other believer, and my Church teaches the Bible all the time. Here’s the text that we heard today.
Christ has died. Alleluia
Christ is risen. Alleluia
Christ will come again. Alleluia, Alleluia, Amen!
No, I mean the Bible doesn’t say that Frodo’s little prayer is the way to get to heaven. I think I’ll stick with what the Bible actually says about how to get to heaven.So you stick with the Lord’s prayer, the Hail Mary, Scriptures… and stay away from man-made prayer, such as the prayer of St Francis, and other saints, etc?
Michael
CM,Now… where is your evidence to support the allegations that you made in this post. SPLIT: The Catholic Church thinks they are the true church, yet teaches so many heresies.
C’mon…man up XFBx…make your case if you really have one.
So far it looks like you’re a one trick pony…
You made that allegation against the Catholic Church, and I’m calling you on it.
This is not a platform for your evangelism, and if you think so you need to check that thinking against the Forum Rules and Banned Topics that you agreed to when you joined us here at CAF.
Ya gonna kick the pony until it kicks back? Taunt him with "man up"? He knows were his reply to another poster was turned into an OP by the moderator, and apparently he has chosen not to play. He does seem to reply in the threads were he actually initiated the OP himself, and seems to try to defend or explain his view there, though imperfectly.
Actually, alot of what Frodo included is essential, and often neglected by individuals, to our Catholic faith. As Catholics we believe most of what that prayer included. It’s what is implicitly left out of the prayer that is of concern. In away, one might look at Frodo’s prayer as analogous to spiritual milk, not ready for the solid food of our faith…recognizing our daily cross to carry, and the danger of falling from the vine and withering without the fruit of our faith.No, I mean the Bible doesn’t say that Frodo’s little prayer is the way to get to heaven. I think I’ll stick with what the Bible actually says about how to get to heaven.
No, the Catholic Church is not a denomination, God’s Church preceded the Reformation, and Luther and others split from the Church, dividing into denominations. History is clear in this regard. Let’s not get carried away. Don’t forget, Mt 12:36 “But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment.” Don’t want to be carelessly giving false witness, atleast not knowingly.Yes it is and it’s a corrupt one.
Actually, alot of what Frodo included is essential, and often neglected by individuals, to our Catholic faith. As Catholics we believe most of what that prayer included. It’s what is implicitly left out of the prayer that is of concern. In away, one might look at Frodo’s prayer as analogous to spiritual milk, not ready for the solid food of our faith…recognizing our daily cross to carry, and the danger of falling from the vine and withering without the fruit of our faith.
Michael
s & crossing the Ts of obscure & hard things like predestination & human freedom; a prayer is not a lecture in the niceties of dogmatic theology. What St. Paul says to the jailer in Acts 16 is as objectionable (& direct) as anything in this prayer.Well said
It’s ridiculous to tear it apart for not addressing or implying every single issue relating to salvation. It cannot be blamed for not dotting the I![]()
As I said before MANY but NOT ALL catholics preach another gospel. Here is what the bible says about that.Where does it say this in the Bible?
You don’t have to pray “the prayer” to be saved, but what it does it sum up what the bible says regarding salvation.Hey Frodo, one more question:
But let me ask you a question. Prayer this prayer is works. If you must pray this prayer than how can you claim that we are Saved by Faith Alone? Either it’s Sola Fide and I don’t need to pray that prayer to be saved it’s Faith **and **Works!
??? And how does this pertain to the Catholic Church???As I said before MANY but NOT ALL catholics preach another gospel. Here is what the bible says about that.
Ga 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
2Co 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. {with him: or, with me}
Ga 1:6 ¶ I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: