O
Obsidion
Guest
I find that I have a really hard time not being judgmental of people who constantly put themselves in bad situations and then cry about it, or people who keep going around in circles when the answer to their problem is right in front of them, yet they don’t see it. I’m not harsh towards people who struggle but are trying to do the right thing; I get so annoyed with people who keep repeating the same mistakes/sins, know that they need to change, and yet they keep putting themselves in compromising situations and then try to get me to feel sorry for them when they backslide. If you know that something’s going to lead you down a bad road, then why even put yourself in a position where it’s possible you’ll fail?
I know that this is the wrong attitude for me to take, and I want to know a different way to view people like this and not be so unsympathetic. I guess maybe I get aggravated about this because I personally am very self-aware (based on what everyone I know tells me and just knowing myself) and have little understanding for people who are not. I think I almost wear it like a badge of honor that I’m more self-aware than most, and I know I shouldn’t be so prideful.
How can I change this? What are some good prayers?
I know that this is the wrong attitude for me to take, and I want to know a different way to view people like this and not be so unsympathetic. I guess maybe I get aggravated about this because I personally am very self-aware (based on what everyone I know tells me and just knowing myself) and have little understanding for people who are not. I think I almost wear it like a badge of honor that I’m more self-aware than most, and I know I shouldn’t be so prideful.
How can I change this? What are some good prayers?